Save the Children is looking for Senior Officer- Communications and Knowledge Managements 2023 in Dhaka.
The Senior Officer – Communications and Knowledge Management will be responsible to develop and roll out framework for knowledge management for the project. S/he will need to demonstrate technical and practical knowledge on documentation and knowledge management and will be responsible to provide technical support to the implementing partner to capture learnings from the field. S/he will also lead the process of capturing evidence and develop different knowledge materials and reports based on the project interventions. This position will involve providing technical and operational support to different advocacy components under the project in collaboration with implementing partner. S/he will also work closely with government bodies, stakeholders and civil society organizations (CSOs) under advocacy and campaign aspects. S/he will be responsible to keep all the project related documents, records and data ready to deliver as and when those need. The position will additionally require knowledge on community resilience building, working knowledge of climate change adaptation, locally led adaptation training, nature-based solutions, and experience of working with youth-based organizations to promote climate action with evidence. The person will also be programme focal to coordinate with SCI’s ACCM sector for development & dissemination of knowledge materials as well as designing and implementing different climate campaigns. S/he will also be Gender Equity and Social Inclusion focal point and will support to ensure an inclusive approach in the project.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Planning and Management
- Work closely with implementing partner for implementing knowledge management plan and advocacy initiatives
- Lead the process to ensure child safeguarding and inclusive (GESI) components in programme implementation
- Support team in children and youth engagement initiatives
- Support the development of detailed activity plans and budget
- Support development of DIP as per set quality standard
- Support planning and implementation of advocacy initiatives
- Support knowledge management, evidence collection and reporting
- Coordination & Representation
- Coordinate with multi-stakeholder networks and alliances
- Actively participate regular donor collaboration for regular progress and update sharing
- Support regarding approval and reporting to NGOAB
- Ensure wider group of stakeholder management
- Maintain close liaison with senior management of the implementing partner in connection with appropriate and timely implementation of the program
- Maintain liaison with and represent SC in global community of practices and technical working groups
- Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Undertake regular field visits and assist implementing partner for smooth knowledge management
- Increased field engagement for capturing first hand stories from the ground.
- Make plan for dissemination of lessons learnt from the field.
- Capture and document best practices and lesson learnt and share to social media platforms.
- Support development of the resilience and CCA concept notes, and develop infographic and policy brief.
- Pitch new and innovative ideas for knowledge management and dissemination.
- Support donor reporting with relevant annex documents.
- Capacity Development of the Implementing Partner
- Orient/facilitate the implementing partners on the KM strategy and approach.
- Train the implementing staff of local partner on documentation and knowledge management.
- Provide technical support to the field teams to generate evidence from the fields.
- Arrange knowledge sharing sessions for sectoral team and partner staff on different development and technical issues.
Visit the official link.
• At least 5 years of working experience on communication and knowledge management with exposure of implementing community resilience and climate change components.
• Experience to working with implementing partners, academic, technical and research institutions is essential.
• The position should have the experience of children and youth engagement in resilience and climate change programming.
• S/he must have the capacity to coordinate and collaborate effectively with national government counterparts and local government bodies to plan and support partner and national level advocacy initiatives. Experience with SC resilience programme will have added preference.
• The potential candidate should have knowledge on Bangladesh climate change context, climate concepts such as Locally-Led Adaptation (LLA) and Nature Based Solution (NBS), community based and institutional risk assessment tools, global policies and practices and relevant programs.
• Need to have clear understanding of CDM business model in drinking water field (piloted by Glory & Tech in Bangladesh).
• Appropriate computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and agreement to spend at least 10% of time in the field are essential requirements.
• Knowledge and experience on Gender Equity and Social Inclusion is preferred.
To apply click on “Apply Now” or visit the official link.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link