Save the Children International is hiring Director of Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications & Media 2022 in Dhaka
Strategy and planning
- Lead ACCM functions to deliver SCIBD country strategic plan while also design, develop, and execute the country ACCM strategy
- Strengthen SCIBD representation and positioning for policy influence and public mobilization.
- Facilitate child and youth engagement to create space for them and amplify their voice for SCIBD priorities as well as in policy discourse at sub-national, national, regional and global level.
Advocacy and Campaigns
- Analyse and critique relevant policies to inform advocacy agenda, strategies and actions
- Provide strategic leadership on country advocacy actions encompassing both sector and cross-sectoral advocacy level in alignment with CSP 2022-24
- Provide leadership to ACCM team to drive impactful campaigns for programmatic integration and policy linkages through active engagement of the supporters and stakeholders including general public
- Drive fundraising efforts and produce concept notes to secure sufficient and sustained funding to maintain and expand country’s advocacy and campaign activities
- Lead on developing monitoring and measurement mechanisms for advocacy and campaign with strong integration of evaluation and learning mechanisms and tools.
- Support the Country Office to update and monitor advocacy risk assessments for the activities and objectives encompassing both development and humanitarian advocacy including refugee advocacy
Media and Communications
- Provide leadership for strengthening SCI branding in the domestic and international market t support campaign as well as diversify and mobilize resources
- Lead on relationship building with the media and other key stakeholders critical for our branding
- Manage media engagement strategy, including proactive and reactive, especially in line with advocacy and campaign priorities
- Ensures appropriate ACCM structure across the CO ensuring appropriate gender and diversity
- Makes sure that all staff understand their responsibilities and have clearly defined performance objectives including plans and activities to develop their professional capacities.
- Encourage a team culture of learning, creativity, and innovation
Country Office Leadership and Representation
- Represent ACCM during regular SMT meetings
- Represent Save the Children at appropriate country-level working groups.
- Support the Country Director and other relevant Country Office staff in high-level humanitarian advocacy work towards relevant authorities, Humanitarian Country Teams, key UN actors and Agencies, Donors and other NGOs, as well as media, if necessary.
- Ensure coordination of advocacy messages and activities between the field offices, Country Office and the regional and international levels.
Child Safeguarding Responsibility
- Uphold and adhere to child safeguarding principles and procedures as well as Code of Conduct at personal and professional level to create a child-safe workplace
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. Our vision is to live in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Visit the official site.
- Save the Children’s Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications and Media (ACCM) Director in Bangladesh, you’ll lead the design of plans and strategies, manage a team of specialists, and collaborate with other departments, offices, and organisations to ensure the needs, rights, and voices of children and youth in Bangladesh are recognised in national, regional and international decision-making processes and forms.
- With proven experience in designing and leading advocacy or campaign strategies for a large development organisation or UN agency, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills in English and Bengali as well as outstanding people management, interpersonal, representation, and negotiation skills.
- This is an excellent opportunity to set the ambition and agenda of a new and highly influential role in Save the Children in Bangladesh. As this is an urgently required position, interviews may be held before the application deadline. Interested candidates should therefore apply as soon as possible.
Click on apply link.
Application Deadline: April 10, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link