International Rescue Committee is hiring Researcher, Education 2022 in Chattogram
- Contribute to design a study to test the theory of change of Pop-Up Learning and to gather data on cost-efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Design qualitative and quantitative instruments to:
- Explore the experiences of different stakeholders with the program and identify ways to better serve them
- Identify the quality and fidelity of the program implementation and the factors that enhance or hinder implementation
- Explore the the degree to which the program can help children learn literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills and better prepare them to transition into formal school in Bangladesh.
- Analyze qualitative data from interviews and focus groups and write findings
- Contribute to interpret findings from quantitative data
- Provide technical input to the local Research Manager and data collection teams to ensure that the project obtains high quality data for the purposes of research
- Advise and assist the local Research Manager and data collection teams onsetting up processes for high quality data collection
- Contribute to dissemination of research findings by writing blogs, briefs, and publications in academic journals and practitioner-focused outlets;
- Collaborate with colleagues within the IRC’s Research and Innovation Team (Airbel Impact Lab) and IRC Bangladesh Country Program in pursuit of the tasks above
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Check the official link
- PhD or MA in education, economics or related field
- Knowledge of causal inference methods
- Expertise in qualitative research methods
- Expertise in qualitative research methods and use of qualitative software for analysis of information. Knowledge of NVivo of Atlas.Ti
- Knowledgeable in causal inference methods and ability to interpret statistical findings documenting impact of intervention using causal inference methods
- Minimum five years of progressive experience in education research and/or relevant practice
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure, dealing with competing priorities, in a fast-paced team environment;
- Interest in and ability to think and plan at the ‘big picture’ level;
- Fluent in English and Bangla, fluent in Rohingya, Chittagonian, or Burmese a plus.