FAO is hiring International Mud Crab (Scylla serrata/olivacea) hatchery Expert 2022 in Dhaka
Tasks And Responsibilities
The consultant main tasks include the following, but other related works may be assigned:
- Develop and submit methodological approach on how the assignment will be undertaken. The methodological approach will include workplan and highlight of assignment milestones.
- Review, evaluate and recommend areas of improvement on existing DoF and BFRI mud crab hatchery nursery facilities which include the general lay-out of the facilities, filtration system, seawater source, assessment of water parameters, problems/issues/gaps encountered in hatcheries.
- Formulate a hatchery improvement plan that will guide DoF on the actions to be undertaken when implementing the required recommendations.
- Review the existing mud crab hatchery operation manuals (encompassing all activities involved in the hatchery and nursery operation)
- Review hatchery techniques: production of larval and crablet feeds and feeding; disease control, chemical, probiotic inputs nursery management techniques.
- Undertake at least six cycles of crablet production and rearing and orient staff working in hatcheries on crab brood rearing, breeding and production.
- Provide training on hatchery-nursery operations of DoF and private entrepreneurs; training includes lecture (biology, broodstock management, larval rearing, nursery rearing, health management and practical sessions (broodstock management and larval rearing).
- Present assessment findings to the national stakeholders on hatchery recommendations to improve productivity
- Submit end of assignment report highlighting task undertaken and progress achieved as mentioned above.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is working to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Check the official link.
- Advanced university degree related to fisheries and aquaculture;
- At least 10 years’ experience in Crab Hatchery operationalization and management;
- Working knowledge of English (C level) and limited knowledge (B level) of another official language of FAO.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated working experience and expertise in managing crab hatcheries in developing countries particularly in South East Asia;
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas through clear communication, and concise reports, and effective oral presentations.
- Ability to work under pressure in an independent manner and ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams of personnel with different educational backgrounds, different levels and cultural orientations
To apply, click “Apply Now” or visit the official link.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link