CARE Bangladesh is looking for Community Mobilization Officer 2021 in Cox’s Bazar.
- Support the project team’s emergency response efforts by providing cash for workers (CFW) as needed for any emergency response within the camps.
- Prepare a roster of 150-200 (willing) able-bodied volunteers (to be engaged as CfW) in each assigned camp in case an emergency response request is made with just 12 hours’ notice
- Keep track of CfWs who are involved in any emergency response actions, as well as the details of activities where engaged.
- Ensure participants are briefed about their name in such roster and brief orientation about the recurring disasters inside the camps.
- Design short brief orientation sessions for these participants to be provided.
- Act as a focal point for disaster/emergency response to the assigned camps.
- Maintain list of 150-200 willing/able-bodies (CfW) participants to be engaged in any disaster response activities inside the camps (Ensure eligibility checking through WFP KIM)
- A list of tools/kits readily available in the CiC/SMSD Office.
- Monthly/ weekly work plan
- Prepare a list of tools/kits to be required during emergency response
- Emergency DRR assessment report
- Documentation of good practices, etc
CARE is one of the world’s leading international humanitarian and development organizations, committed to helping people in poor communities improve their lives and alleviate poverty. Founded in 1945, CARE is working across 95 countries to fight global poverty and marginalization. CARE has been active in Bangladesh since 1949 being one of the largest country offices of CARE. CARE works to help people achieve social and economic well-being, while being among the best in their fields. In CARE, put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE Bangladesh is currently shifting towards a program approach, where it has developed longer-term impact visions to have more sustainable changes in the lives of the extreme poor and marginalized.
To learn more, please visit the Official Link.
- Master’s degree in social work, social welfare, project management.
- Minimum 3 – 4 years’ experience in Community mobilization project is required.
- Proficiency in Chiitagonian language will be added advantage.
- Communication skills in both verbal and written English and Bangla.
To apply, please visit the Official Link or click on Apply Now
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link