Internship Opportunity at UNICEF 2019 in Dhaka
Timeframe: Minimum 6 months starting in January 2019.
Expenses: A stipend of BDT 35,000 per month will be offered as a contribution towards travel and food expenses.
Health/Medical insurance: Intern is required to hold valid health/accident insurance. UNICEF accepts no responsibilities for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship whether on or off UNICEF premises.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Working directly under the supervision of the Communication Specialist, the intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the communication section to coordinate, monitor, and manage direct communications on UNICEF Bangladesh’s social media channels. The intern will work with the social media team to develop relevant responses to frequently asked questions for communication campaigns about education, health, nutrition, water and sanitation, gender and humanitarian emergencies.
- Develop engaging content (key messages/texts, images, video, etc.) on priority thematic areas.
- Help identify digital influencers that can support the advocacy messaging of the country office and keep abreast of current social media trends and topics especially on issues concerning children and adolescents in Bangladesh.
- Support the growth of UNICEF Bangladesh Instagram and Twitter channels through list building and monitoring performance.
- Assist the communication section with additional tasks as required.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and enthusiasm
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, ask for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail, creativity, analysis, and focus
- High motivation to learn
Excellent command of English and Bengali written and spoken.
See the official website.
- Recently completed a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication, social science, or a similar discipline.
- Strong communication skills, written English skills and ability to write clearly, succinctly and for varying audiences.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office applications and other computer skills.
- A keen and proven interest/knowledge in social media and other creative web applications.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link