Democracy International, Inc. (DI), a USA based international organization, seeks candidates for the multi-year USAID Bangladesh Obirodh “Road to Tolerance” program. The research intern will support the Director of Research (DOR) and Research Specialist (RS) on a regular basis in preparing reports, developing grants, undertaking desk research, scheduling meetings, managing contacts, and providing overall administrative support as directed by the DOR and RS.
This position will allow students the opportunity to work on international donor-driven projects and to support the development of research topics, grants, analysis and reports on unique topics related to societal tolerance, diversity, prevention of violence, and stability. Interns will be expected to support the DOR and RS, as directed, on all areas of project support, including administrative work. Work requirements may include, but will not be limited to:
- Project management support
- Project administration support
- Grant development and administration support
- Travel, Scheduling, Event planning and Organizational support
- Online Desk Research and Literature Reviews
- Get to work & gain experience on vast field
- Interns should be completing a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in an area such as international affairs, criminology, conflict studies, psychology, social work, geography, or a similar field.
- They should have an interest in understanding and promoting research to address societal challenges in Bangladesh related to social and group tolerance, violence, and stability.
- Interns should demonstrate a strong academic record and fluency in written and oral English
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the Obirodh program, including why you think societal tolerance is important, as well as detailing some of your specialized skills which may be applicable to the Research Department.
- Please submit your academic record of grades or G.P.A.
- Please submit your resume.
- Finally, please share a short one-page writing sample (it may be an excerpt) in English, that you have independently written.
Send Materials to: [email protected]
Only short listed candidate will be contacted. (No Phone Calls Please)
Apply nowOfficial link