With the CCP Fellowships, the CrossCulture Programme (CCP) funds around 80 professionals and committed volunteers from over 35 countries each year. During two to three months of practical training in host organisations in Germany or in CCP partner countries, participants deepen their expertise and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organisations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge and networks of the CCP fellows. The participants then bring their experiences gained abroad into their everyday working life when they return to their home organisation.
Professional fellowships are awarded for a period of eight to twelve weeks in the following terms:
Summer term: May to August 2020
Autumn term: September to December 2020
Responsibilities of the fellowship holders:
- Communication and consultation with the programme team as well as the respective host organisation
- Submission of a final report
- Participation, as appropriate, in accompanying events (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Securing leave of absence from the employer
- Preparation for the application for a short stay visa (Schengen visa)
- Assessment of potential risks and impacts on their own work and that of others in the country of residence (due to the participation in the programme)
Benefits offered for fellowship holders:
First and foremost, this programme provides financial support for the fellowship recipients.
ifa covers the following costs:
• A monthly allowance of 550 euros
• Roundtrip airfare
• A monthly ticket for public transport within the place of residence
• A refund of applicable visa fees
• Health insurance
The selection of suitable candidates will be accomplished by ifa in consultation with the German Foreign Mission in Dhaka. Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview at the German Foreign Mission or via Skype in December 2019/January 2020.
The final selection of CrossCulture fellowship holders will be accomplished in cooperation with the German Federal Foreign Office. The results will be communicated until February 2020.
There is no recourse to legal action.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 23 and 45 at the time of the application.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organisation in the country of origin.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicant has been and is socially engaged for the long-term in Bangladesh.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in his or her field of work.
- A collaboration with an organisation in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses other language skills, particularly, German language skills.
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh
For application and recommendation letter forms as well as further information visit their website
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link