Bangladesh Prime Minister Fellowship Announcement 2021-22.
Governance Innovation Unit, Prime Minister Office is pleased to announce Prime Minister Fellowship 2021-22 (First Phase), for Master’s and PhD student’s from Bangladeshi citizens around the world. Under the Strengthening the Capacity of Public Administration for Achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SCPA-SDG) project.
Fellowship programs can be designed to support a range of activities including graduate study in a specific field, research to advance work on a particular issue, developing a new community-based organization or initiative, training and reflection to support the fellow’s growth, opportunities to further explore a particular field of work.
The Governance Innovation Unit was formed by the government of Bangladesh in 2012. It is under the supervision of the Prime Minister’s Office. The Unit proposed created a draft law that would provide entry-level officers with subsidized apartments and low-interest loans in October 2016. It is also responsible for planning the completion of the Sustainable Development Goals. The unit also funds scientific research in Bangladesh. It also carries out campaigns against child marriage in Bangladesh.
To get more exciting fully funded opportunities, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone!
Vision: Think Tank on Good Governance and Innovation.
Mission: To ensure that the public sector is Putting Citizens First by implementing good governance reforms and innovations that meets or exceeds citizen expectations.
- Maximum allowance provided around 60 lakh for the Master’s program and 2 core for the Ph.D. program.
- Check FAQ for details.
- Bangladeshi citizen who has not yet participate for any fellowship for Masters/Ph.D. program can apply. For the Government employee who is permeant and after joining the job who has not taken Master’s/PhD degree from abroad can apply.
- An applicant has to attach an unconditional offer letter (full time) for the desired degree from the institution/University. The last date must be from 1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021 in the offer letter. PGD leading to Master’s or MPhil leading to Ph.D. offer letter is not acceptable.
- The offer letter must be bought from the top 200 universities/educational institution according to the Times Higher Education World University Overall Rankings 2021. for Master’s in between 1 to 200 and Ph.D. in between 1 to 100 universities.
- Under this program candidates of Master’s will get a fellowship for 18 months and Ph.D. applicants will get a maximum of 4 years fellowship. Any kind of application to extend the fellowship period is non-considerable.
- Must need valid (last date of application) TOEFL/iBT/IELTS (Academic)/PTE (Academic) score. IELTS (Academic) overall score minimum 6.5, TOEFL, iBT overall score is 88, PTE (Academic) score minimum 59.
- The maximum age to apply is the following: Ph.D. – 45-year, Masters- 40 years.
- Check the official link for details.
- Applicants have to apply from the fellowship website pmfellowship.pmo.gov.bd. Entering the website applicants have to participate eligibility test. Eligible applicants have to open a verified account using an email account and mobile no at the fellowship website. From this account, they can create and apply. Before applying, each candidate can correct the application several times. After submitting the application applicants will receive a confirmation message with an application ID of the application, e-mail, and mobile number. Applicants have to save the application ID for further use. It will be used for tracking application papers and any kinds of fellowship-related contacts.
- Make a printout of the application paper after submitting it. It will count as a hard copy.
- The application will grant under three applicant categories. BCS Cadre (government official), Non-BCS Government official, Private.
- Check the official link for details.
Application Deadline: April 7, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link