In order to influence policy decisions and strengthen media advocacy on promoting women entrepreneurship, Action Aid Bangladesh (AAB) is inviting for applications from passionate journalists for the ‘ActionAid Media Fellowship 2019: Agro-based Rural Women Entrepreneurs’ to initiate and support investigative journalism on the thematic areas of ActionAid for Impact of Making Market Work for Women (MMWW) project. Five winning applications from the journalists will be selected for this fellowship.
The objectives of this fellowship are:
- To generate publication in-depth articles and broadcast (at national level).
- To raise public awareness and sensitize policy makers and stakeholders on the topics related to the project thematic areas.
- To bring out the aspired interventions and change among rural women entrepreneurship.
Scope of work
- Fellowship Category : Print, Electronic and Online Media (English and Bangla)
- Each Fellowship Award : BDT 67,648 (VAT & Tax included)
- Fellowship Timeline : 07 October – 15 December 2019
- Possible Report Topics : (5 applications will be selected)
- Systemic changes of rural market system: ensuring women-friendly market space.
- Women Entrepreneurship (WE’s) capacity for performing better at rural market system in Bangladesh.
- Challenges faced by women entrepreneurs and way forward.
- Promoting women entrepreneurship: Law & policy perspective
- Women Entrepreneurs active participation in market system by practicing sexual reproductive health and nutrition.
- The thematic areas of this Media Fellowship are:
- Systemic changes of market system: ensuring women-friendly market at rural level
- Building capacity on women entrepreneurship for performing better in market system
- Promoting women entrepreneurship: policy perspective
- Functional participation in market system of women entrepreneurs by ensuring sexual reproductive health and nutrition
About Making Market Work for Women
Making Market Work for Women (MMWW) is a four years project funded by Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN) and implemented by ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB). AAB, along with its four local partners started the project in November 2015 with the aim of strengthening food security in selected areas by promoting women agro-entrepreneurship through improving women’s access to nutrition, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and market transformation.
The project intends to transform the traditional market place into gender sensitive market which has created opportunities to women entrepreneurs for getting access to local and regional markets. To perform that task women entrepreneurs are capacitated on various soft skills like organization development, networking, lobby, advocacy and negotiation.
BDT 50,000 for each fellowship recipient
- Applicant should have minimum two years’ work experiences either in Bangla and/or English in media sector
- The reports will have to be published in the fellow’s respective current media company
- Selected fellow will have to produce at least two reports as stated under the fellowship
Candidates should apply through mail and/or through courier at the mailing address.
Deputy Manager- Market Development, MMWW
House SE (C) 5/B, Road 136, Gulshan 1, Dhaka 1212
Required documents for application:
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- Develop Concept Note/ Technical Proposal with 3 pages (any of the above topics)
- Letter of endorsement on experience and participation from the editor/chief reporter/assignment editor from applicant’s workplace
- Applicant’s 1 copy passport size photo
Application Deadline: October 25, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link