UNDP is looking for Human Resources Assistant 2021 in Dhaka.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of HR, the Human Resources (HR) Assistant will provide support to the CO HR Unit working in close collaboration with unit colleagues and with the Operations, Programme and project teams, UNDP OHR staff and GSSU in Copenhagen, Kuala Lumpur & Istanbul and to successfully deliver HR services. The HR Assistant will be part of a team also providing technical support to programmes and projects in the CO, or as otherwise directed.
- Implementation of HR strategies
- Implementation of HR services
- Support to staff career management and career development
- Support to UN-related surveys
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ensures implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels.
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (FTA, TA, NPSA, SCs etc.).
- Tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
- Collection of background information for submissions to the Local/Regional/HQ Complainace Review Panel/Board (CRP/CRB).
- Update of the CO rosters.
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents.
- Provision of information for cost-recovery bills in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of background information to Performance Management and Development system (PMD).
- Provision of background information for drafting Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans.
- Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information for comprehensive and interim local salary, participation in the work of LSSC, hardship and place-to-place surveys.
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
United Nations Development Programme has been a strong partner of the government in co-designing policy solutions, capacity building and promoting innovations. The expectation from UNDP to play an SDG integrator role is growing in the context of the post-UN reform.
Check the official link.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 years of relevant experience with Secondary Education or 2 years of relevant experience with bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.