BRAC is looking for Sector Lead, WASH; Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme 2021 in Cox’s Bazar.
This position will provide leadership and support in problem-solving, key decision making, quality control, technical input and advice as well as planning, executing, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities (training, research, mobilization, policy advocacy, documentation, development & mainstreaming activities). More responsibilities will be given emphasis to fundraising, project proposal development, and maintaining liaison among the donors, different government and local bodies for sector purposes.
- Strategic Planning and Overall Management:
- Lead the WASH sector through HCMP strategic planning, developing sector strategies, policies & procedure, Work Plan and providing overall management of HR, Budget, and operations aligned with BRAC and FDMN strategies
- Lead the preparation and implementation of the work plan in line with the WASH project design and monitoring & evaluation plan. Provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities
- Ensure efficient team deployment through a system of up-to-date job descriptions and organisational structure developed in line with BRAC’s organizational structure. Regularly review and recommend staffing structure reviews to the senior management
- Implementation and Monitoring:
- Plan and supervise WASH activities, whilst progressively building the capacity of National Staff to be able to manage the activities and ensuring targets are met timely within approved budgets
- Oversee the WASH monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives of the project and drive changes and shared lessons learning to influence BRAC WASH strategy
- Provide technical backstopping to the implementation of WASH projects and linkages with other country programs and conduct research, actively tapping into improved WASH services delivery methodologies
- Monitor progress of field teams and provide regular updates to the senior management team and lead partner to deliver high quality and measurable outcomes
- Support the WASH resources development strategy in alignment with the BRAC initiatives and strategy to country resource acquisition strategy for WASH projects
- Monitor and track budget expenditure and burn rates, flagging over/ under expenditures and recommending corrective measures to the grants management team in a timely manner
- Quality and Accountability:
- Manage and control effective management of project logistic and procurement aspect as well as collaborative work with logistic to support follows up of quotations collection, quotation evaluation, contractor selection, contracts sign, orders and purchases
- Ensure integration of WASH project with all sectors within BRAC operations in Cox’s Bazar and other BRAC host community programme
- Identify staff training needs and recommend on-the-job or other capacity-building measures in close consultation with the senior management and HR department
- Ensure team motivation and teamwork and promote open communication and feedback channels. Promote adherence to BRAC’s theme through leading by example
- Ensure compliance and implementation of recommendations made by internal and external operational reviews, evaluations and financial audits
- Ensure proper contracting, field-level oversight, works certification and payment preparation processes for contractors and other service providers engaged to execute WASH works
- Ensure appropriate burn rate of each project with the accomplishment of overall objectives and maintaining quality at all levels
- Coordination, Networking and Advocacy:
- Network with WASH cluster and other agencies to foster synergies, information sharing and scale-up of BRAC WASH interventions and participate in the development of concept papers and proposals for mobilization of additional resources
- Liaison with donors, govt. officials, and other stakeholders for necessary coordination and collaboration to smoothen the implementation of WASH projects
- Carry out regular field visits to inspect works, review progress and determine/ receive feedback from the team and the beneficiaries regarding emerging challenges and gaps in original plans and provide necessary guidelines for proper operations in the field/ camps
- Fund Raising, Proposal Development and Reporting:
- Contribute towards the preparation of WASH budgets, funding concepts and proposals through analysis of field data and actual costs incurred on activity implementation
- Provide inputs to write concept notes, human interest stories to generate donor support and demonstrate the impact of WASH interventions
- Ensure the technical team with the preparation of bills of quantities and cost of activities
- Contribute to the drafting of WASH donor reports through the preparation of an up to date project database as per donor log frames and monitoring plans
- Ensure timely flow of operational information to management and prepare and submit timely reports to the various BARC stakeholders, according to established and approved reporting standards and protocol
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
BRAC is an international development organisation based in Bangladesh. In order to receive foreign donations, BRAC was subsequently registered under the NGO Affairs Bureau of the Government of Bangladesh.
Check the official link.
- Masters in any discipline from any recognized university with all second class/ division or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in academic examinations
- Minimum 10 years of experience in WASH program management along with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the emergency field is required.
- Have sound knowledge of the WASH sector in an emergency, community-based approaches, SPHERE Standards and Humanitarian Principles
- Strong understanding of project design and budget formulation guidelines/ requirements, planning and prioritizing
- Able to conceptualize new interventions of WASH sectors in the CXB context
- Excellent skills in project management, financial management and report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills in English
- Have computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
To apply, click on “Apply Now” or check the official link.
Application Deadline: May 13, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link