BAT is looking for Assistant Leaf Officer 2022 in Bangladesh
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible for implementing the Area/Regional leaf operations plan that meets the extension, volume & quality objectives by building effective partnership with registered farmers in order to ensure buying only the supervised run of crop optimally & efficiently.
Reports to: Area Leaf Manager/Regional Leaf Manager
Reporting Level: Mid – Senior Level
Geographic Scope: Chittagong /Kushtia /Manikgonj /Rangpur Area
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Establish a close working relationship with field technicians whilst training them to update their knowledge/understanding on technical/business/social issues.
- Implementation of leaf standard methodologies to improve quality & optimize the farmers’ cost of production in the areas of integrated crop management practices including IPM, adoption & expansion of improved varieties, soil fertility & energy conservation, post-harvest & curing management, grading at farmers premises.
- Ensure timely distribution/realization of the crop inputs & implementation of different farmers’ support programs.
- Establish & build partnership with the farmers through training & extension services to gain high levels of community support & dedication.
- Formulate & implement an operational/tactical Leaf buying plan consistent with the market scenario
- Implement the R&D plan
- Implementation of Afforestation program to sustain self-sufficiency in curing fuel, and of other Leaf Social initiatives
British American Tobacco plc is a British multinational company that manufactures and sells cigarettes, tobacco and other nicotine products. The company, established in 1902, is headquartered in London, England. As of 2019, it is the largest tobacco company in the world based on net sales.
- SALARY RANGE: Competitive Salary + Excellent benefits + Market leading bonus
- Prior hands-on experience in agriculture / similar roles
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A sound educational background with a bachelor’s degree (agriculture, agronomy, soil science, biotechnology, botany, forestry etc.)
- Fresh graduates are highly encouraged to apply
- Ability to be empowered, work independently, and focus on results
- A proven record to build close working relationships with a diverse range of partners
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills