Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) is looking for Urban Planner 2021 in Rajshahi
The specific responsibilities of this position are:
- Review all working papers and (draft) interim report to link the pathway to structure plan, functional master plan and detailed area plan for Rajshahi as mentioned in the corresponding ToR. ;
- Develop a full-scale training curriculum for Plan formulation for capacity building of Planners working in RDA, Municipalities and Union Parishad, which will be implemented as part of RMDP update;
- Initial conceptualization for a roadmap for the development of a pro-poor development strategy to address urbanization in Rajshahi;
- Undertake analytical review for setting zoning, sizing and placing for developing detailed urban planning guidelines (including height limitations, open spaces, building usage, etc.);
- Conduct analytical review for growth trend analysis and projection of future spatial expansion;
- Conduct Analytical review on Urban settlements that are subject to redevelopment and regeneration due to changing dynamics of economic growth and employment (e.g., the old city near Shahab bazar, shagor para, kazihata etc.);
- Conduct analytical review to identify suitable locations for urban utility services (dumping grounds, waste water disposal etc.) to minimize the impacts on existing development and safeguard long term development proposals for the area;
- Conduct analytical review to Identify sensitive areas where special controls are needed to ensure water quality and quantity, and protection of sites with natural water bodies (also conduct a review on RMDP waterbody conservation) and/or cultural heritage value to make most efficient use of an area’s resources/facilities/services and safeguard for future generations;
- To prepare the Monitoring Plan guideline
- Provide support to organize stakeholder consultation, PRA and national conference as mentioned in the ToR
- Prepare project completion report and translate it in Bengali
Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) is an autonomous international organization that works to build the resilience of people and institutions to disasters and climate change impacts in Asia and the Pacific.
Visit the official link.
- He/she should have a master’s or a Ph.D.’ degree in Urban & rural/regional Planning, Physical Planning and should possess a minimum of 15 years’ practical experience in Urban Planning and Land use planning
- A minimum of 15 years of substantive work experience in preparation master plan/ land use plan/urban development plan/ GIS activities, etc. Work experience in a similar Master Plan revision is desirable.