Internship Opportunity at UN Women 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under The Overall Supervision And Guidance Of The EVAW Programme Specialist, The Selected Intern Is Expected To Support The EVAW Team With The Following Tasks
- Support the knowledge management component of the EVAW Programm, contributing to the review of background documents, briefs and presentations related to the Ending Violence against Women;
- Compile information from different sources and produce analytical synopses on EVAW and Child Marriage;
- Provide technical inputs to research and technical reports on EVAW and Child Marriage;
- Coordinate and support the organization of events and other workshops and taking minutes;
- Prepare briefing notes, talking points, and reports as required;
- Participate and support in the implementation of activities and events including high-level inter-governmental meetings, forums, as needed, to support proper documentation and provide technical support;
- Undertake administrative tasks necessary for the implementation of the programme, including maintaining of files and records, online folder update, the process of payment;
- Support, as needed, the development of publications, advocacy and communication materials;
- Contribute to data entry and database updating/revision;
- Provide support on additional tasks and projects related to the programme as required.
- Support the procurement and other administrative processes.
- The intern will be provided with hands-on learning opportunities to work in the area of EVAW and overall gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- The selected intern will have exposure to the UN Women system and get the opportunity to update on the corporate policy documents prepared by the Country Office, regional and headquarters offices;
- The Intern will be provided with networking opportunity with various programme colleagues and participate in the workshop/seminars for broader learning purpose.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example
UN Women Internship Policy:
- Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) or (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- UN Women internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UN Women accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for or are appointed to positions in the professional and above category in UN WOMEN during the period of the internship or for six months immediately following the expiration date of internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan, proof of school enrollment, a scanned copy of his/her passport, two letters of recommendation, and application
About UN Women:
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. UN Women supports the UN Member States as they set global standards for achieving gender equality, and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programmes, and services needed to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly benefit women and girls worldwide. UN Women also coordinates and promotes the UN system’s work in advancing gender equality, and in all deliberations and agreements linked to the 2030 Agenda. The entity works to position gender equality as fundamental to the Sustainable Development Goals, and a more inclusive world.
- See the official link.
- Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work with different actors, including through remote contact;
- Ability to multi-task and address competing priorities;
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner;
- Ability to work effectively in independent and collaborative settings;
- Ability to take initiatives, ask questions, and contribute substantively;
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Degree in gender studies, human rights, laws, international relations or another similar subject at the university level;
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required; Working knowledge of another UN language a distinct advantage.
- Apply online through the given link;
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest;
- Selected applicants must provide a resume/CV, two letters of recommendation, proof of health insurance and school enrollment, copy of passport, and copy of visa (if applicable).