The U.S. Embassy Jakarta and Divers Clean Action seek candidates for the 2018 YSEALI Regional Workshop on Preventing and Combating Marine Debris in the Seas of Southeast Asia, titled YSEALI Marine Debris Expedition to be held from August 4 – 9, 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
This fully funded program will bring 60 Young Southeast Asian Leaders from all 10 ASEAN countries together to gain a deeper understanding of the issue of marine debris through field expeditions.
- Energetic and passionate young leaders will learn broad of knowledge of waste management system, marine litter issues and current status, and how rivers become the key success factor.
- The expedition will also deliver hands-on experiences and help young leaders create real impact before returning to their home countries to apply new knowledge and ideas in their own communities.
- Fully funded program
- Be a YSEALI member. Join YSEALI at https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application (born between August 9, 1992 and March 1, 2000);
- Have a valid passport with an expiry date of February 9, 2019 or later
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam;
- Be a resident of one of the following countries: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam;
- Be a full-time undergraduate student or have graduated in the past four years from college, university, or other institution of higher learning;
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English through application materials and past experience (there is no formal test score requirement);
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university, place of work, and/or community;
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge, or professional experience in waste management and/or sustainable development issues;
- Demonstrate a commitment or interest in community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- Have a serious interest in learning about the United States and ASEAN as a region;
- Be willing to actively participate in an intensive program; and
- Have a commitment to apply leadership skills and training gained from the workshop to benefit your community, country, or the ASEAN region
• Complete the Form given in the Apply Now Link.
• Provide Letter of Recommendations from Professor (for undergraduate student) or Supervisor (for working people) ;
• Combine all documents into one PDF file (Filename : Full Name, Country of Citizenship), submit it [email protected](Subject : YSEALI Marine Debris Expedition [Full Name, Country of Citizenship]);
• Deadline of the application is 11.59 PM (GMT +7), April 19, 2019. Late submissions will not be reviewed;
• Please be careful of sending only one time with completed package. Only the first e-mail with completed package that will be processed.
• For the official announcement, visit the official website.
Application Deadline: April 19, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link