The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. Supporting this progress, the Accra Regional Leadership Centre (RLC), as part of the United States government initiative, Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI), will offer an innovative and game-changing leadership training program in Africa. The program is two-pronged by design with the Emerging Leaders Program targeting Africa’s young leaders and the Executive Leadership Program targeting the more experienced African leader group. The overall program entails a combination of taught content as well as practical and in-the-field leadership engagements.
If you are selected to participate in the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra program, all of the following expenses will be covered by the program:
- Visa to Accra (if required).
- Round-trip travel from your country of citizenship* to Accra, Ghana.
- Transportation to/from Kotoka International Airport to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra, for all non-Ghanaian participants.
- For Ghanaian, transportation to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra will be provided for from your location of residence.
- Customized academic and leadership course.
- Accident and sickness benefit plan during the course.
- Housing and meals.
Admission to the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana.
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- You should type your name exactly as it appears in your passport or other official government identification documents.
- You must submit your application through the online application system.
- You should use the email address (es) that you access most frequently and which can be accessed from any internet connection. Work email addresses that cannot be accessed outside your office are not recommended.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link