Call for participants for the Storytelling Training Techniques: “My Story, Your Story Our Story”
If you are living in Denmark, Norway or Sweden, under 30 years and interested in storytelling, then you are the person they are looking for to join them in the 2-day-training about Storytelling techniques in the framework of our Nordic project “My story, Your story, Our Story”.
Since ancient times, people have been telling each other stories. Throughout the world and in all cultures, storytelling has been the preferred medium for conveying knowledge, experience and values. By telling, you can get an understanding both for yourself and for others, and it gives meaning and context to our experiences.
It is very important to keep the society together, and there are a lot of gaps in our societies as a result of fear from the other side and the lack of the human interaction among different groups in our societies. They wish to bring youth from different backgrounds together over food to share our stories with each other. Through this, they wish to break down the barriers and cross the mental borders that divide us. They see these stories as a tool to create dialogue and increase understanding among different levels of society.
- Skills to tell a story effectively
- Use storytelling as a tool to start dialogue
- Build a network from the three countries participating in this project, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
- Gain interpersonal and intercultural communication and leadership skills.
- After the training, the participants will host intercultural storytelling events in their local communities, where people with different backgrounds come together to share food and life stories.
- Living in Denmark, Norway or Sweden
- Under 30 years
- Interested in storytelling
- If you are interested in joining, please fill in the registration form using the Apply Now link below by 30 January at the latest.
- You will need to write a brief motivational letter on why you want to take part in that training. You can apply to represent an organization or go as an individual. Select separate or shared room.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link