Applications for She Entrepreneurs Leadership Programme 2019 in Sweden will open on January 08, 2019
Are you a woman with a vision? Do you want to develop as a social entrepreneur to lead change? Apply to a leadership programme unlike any other and take your social business initiative to a whole new level. She Entrepreneurs is a recognized leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA) and Sweden. It is based on real business experiences and collaborative learning. At the heart of the programme is personal and professional development. The aim of She Entrepreneurs programme is to support young women social entrepreneurs by giving them the tools and methods they need to develop their social enterprise.
She Entrepreneurs is an initiative from the Swedish Institute (SI), a public agency that promotes interest and confidence in Sweden around the world. Swedish values and experiences include creating a sustainable and equal society globally. Sweden is a reputed innovation leader and gender equality role model.
During a total of two and a half weeks on two separate occasions, the She Entrepreneurs programme offers personal and professional development to women whose social enterprise delivers a solution for positive social change.
There will be two modules in the programme. All selected participants will have to commit to participating in all activities of both Module 1 and 2.
- Module 1 (9 – 20 June 2019)
The module is set up with a highly practical approach that allows applicants to apply the lessons directly to their business initiative. Workshops and lectures on topics related to running a business in general and a social enterprise, in particular, will be intertwined with coaching in smaller groups from experienced mentors. Themes will revolve around budgeting, funding, marketing and communication strategies as well as on how to measure social impact and how to arrive at an appropriate business model. There will be visits and network opportunities with established Swedish entrepreneurs and organizations. At the end of Module 1, applicants will present their social business initiative to an advisory board consisting of senior entrepreneurs and business advisors.
- Module 2 (15 – 21 September 2019)
Before the start of the second module, applicants will have worked on their own initiative locally, coached by group mentors over digital platforms. The focus during module 2 will be to maintain, build and expand the network, to continue the learning journey and follow up the development of the work so far. Applicants will continue to build on their entrepreneurial skills through workshops, seminars, and meetings with mentors.
- There is no fee for the programme. Travel, hotel, and food expenses are covered by the Swedish Institute.
- She Entrepreneurs will give applicants:
- The opportunity to develop their own social business initiative and acquire personal skills and innovative tools.
- Support to think like an entrepreneur – from generating ideas to executing a strategic and sustainable business model.
- Increased knowledge on topics such as social entrepreneurship, business development, communication, branding, sales, finance and funding.
- Individual feedback on their social business initiative from leading social and business entrepreneurs and group mentors in Sweden and MENA. This feedback will give applicants the chance to rethink and fine-tune their idea.
- A strong and active network of like-minded women entrepreneurs who inspire and support each other in driving important changes in society.
- You are welcome to submit your application if you are a woman entrepreneur between the age of 22 and 45 with a business that:
- is already operational;
- has the potential to develop a financially sustainable business model, generate a positive social impact, and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- is based in Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco or Palestine.
- In addition, you should:
- have a proficient command of both written and spoken English;
- be willing to pay it forward by contributing at least two hours of pro bono mentorship to a junior entrepreneur in your home country during the programme.
- Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the She Entrepreneurs 2019 application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
Application Deadline: February 5, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link