With funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development, Reporting Rural Poverty and Agriculture Program aims to build specific expertise and increase familiarity and knowledge of issues faced by rural communities, by bringing journalists from around Africa together to attend this workshop.
The participants shall gain the following benefits:
- A platform to tell the story of rural development
- A chance to meet and connect with others professionals of their same field
- A platform to share their new views
- A chance to meet key policy influencers and rural development stakeholders
- Full bursaries for journalists from African countries
- Bursaries would include air travel expenses (economy class), accommodation, local transfers and meals.
- Please note that you need to check visa requirements and ensure you have the necessary documentation required.
- The cost of your visa and any other related costs will be the responsibility of the participant.
- This arrangement is subject to variation.
Applicants must be:
- From across Africa
- Full-time journalists
- At least two years of professional experience
- Good level in spoken and written English
To apply for this opportunity, applicants shall have to fill up an online form, where they will have to provide the following documents:
- Two relevant work samples
- Employed journalists will have to submit a letter from their editor consenting to their participation
- Freelancers will have to provide a reference letter from one or more media organisations that publish their works on a regular base
Application Deadline: July 31, 2018 (15 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link