Congratulations on being brave (JASIRI) and taking the first step to apply for the one-year, fully funded Talent Investor for aspiring entrepreneurs!
The Jasiri Talent Investor invests in and focuses on individuals first before companies, teams, or ideas. The program guides selected Jasiri Fellows throughout all stages of venture creation from Ideation to business formalization. They are looking for highly driven individuals with a history of achievement and/or entrepreneurial action who aspire to launch a high-growth venture.
Is this for you? Are you able to launch an innovative business solving difficult problems and creating great impact if given the right resources? They invite you to apply and through the various selection processes, demonstrate what makes you the next high-impact entrepreneur who may come up with Africa’s next high-growth venture!
- Step 1: Complete and submit your application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Step 2: Complete the entrepreneurial intentions assessment within 7 days. Successful applicants will move to the next stage i.e receive an innovation scenario assessment link.
- Step 3: Complete the innovation scenario assessment and submit a pitch video. Successful applicants will move to the next stage i.e receive a Psychometric test link.
- Step 4: Take the JASIRI Psychometric Test. Successful applicants who will make it through the Psychometric Test will move to the next stage i.e Selection Conference.
- Step 5: Attend the Selection Conference
- Final Step: Announcement of the selected Fellows.
Selected candidates shall be notified of their admission into the program after the Selection Conference.
JASIRI is one of the Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropies programs in Eastern Africa that invests in, guides, and supports entrepreneurs who benefit society by creating high-impact businesses on the African continent. An empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope. They attack poverty by investing in, nurturing, and empowering responsible entrepreneurs and leaders who benefit society by helping to accelerate meaningful employment creation while embodying the values and behaviors of ethical leadership.
- Fully funded.
- Invests in and focuses on individuals first before companies, teams, or ideas.
- Guides, and supports entrepreneurs who benefit society by creating high-impact businesses on the African continent.
- They attack poverty by investing in, nurturing, and empowering responsible entrepreneurs and leaders who benefit society by helping to accelerate meaningful employment creation while embodying the values and behaviors of ethical leadership.
Please find below a description of the Ideal Candidate:
- You are driven and committed to building an innovative high-growth venture from scratch.
- You have a demonstrable history of achievement and entrepreneurial action.
- You are able to identify opportunities and gaps in a sector of interest.
- You have a history of achievement and evidence of impact wherever you have focused your attention.
- You have significant insights and expertise in a field or industry.
- You are a team player and are excited to meet equally ambitious co-founders.
- You are a citizen of Ethiopia, Kenya, or Rwanda residing in the respective country or diaspora.
- You commit to fully and actively participate in the Talent Investor Program for 14 months including 3 months of Residential Intensive in Rwanda.
- Women entrepreneurs are highly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates living in the diaspora are also encouraged to apply.
- The Jasiri Talent Investor program includes a mandatory 3-months residential intensive in Bugesera, Rwanda.
Eligible Regions: African countries
- You will need to register and create an account on the Accelerator Application platform if it’s your first time applying.
- After you have registered on the platform, you will then receive a notification that will request you to complete the form and submit it on the platform.
- To register and submit your application, please click on this link: JASIRI APPLICATION PLATFORM
Application Deadline: April 5, 2023 (11 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link