The aim of ESPE The Winter School is to support pediatricians who have entirely or partially completed their basic pediatric training and who are now either established in or intending to develop a deep and continuing interest in pediatric endocrinology and diabetes.
The Winter School is a 5-day training opportunity for pediatricians who have entirely or partially completed their basic pediatric training and who are either established in or intending to develop a deep and continuing interest in pediatric endocrinology and diabetes.
The schools provide a wonderful learning environment for young pediatricians and basic scientists who want to develop their interest and learning in the field of pediatric endocrinology. Participants at schools enjoy interactive lectures, case discussions in small groups and case presentations. The schools are also a great way to meet peers and foster relationships with experts in the field.
ESPE provides a platform for their members to form special interest working groups; which work in specific aspects of Paediatric Endocrinology.
The European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE) is an international organization aiming to improve clinical care of children and adolescents with endocrine conditions, including diabetes, through research and education.
Pediatric endocrinology is a specialty of children’s medicine (pediatrics) caring for babies, children and adolescents with growth, puberty, sexual development problems and other disorders of the hormone-producing glands of the body. These include diabetes, thyroid, and adrenal gland problems, early and late puberty, and growth hormone deficiency.
The Society is also actively involved in promoting the interests of the general public and in advising on European health policy in the area of pediatric endocrinology.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided free of charge.
- Travel grants will cover train, bus or economy class plane ticket from the participant’s home to Baku airport.
- Participants will benefit from interactive lectures and small-group learning as well as presentations from students.
- Entirely or partially completed their basic paediatric training
- Either established in, or intending to develop a deep and continuing interest in, paediatric endocrinology and diabetes
- The meeting will be conducted in Russian and English (slides in double projection) and a good command of either of these languages is essential
Fill out the application form given in the official link.
Application Deadline: October 26, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link