The Royal Commonwealth Society is seeking applicants from the Commonwealth Asia-Pacific Region to participate in a five-day residential training course in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 16th – 20th July 2018 (tbc).
The highly participatory and interactive peer learning week will seek to develop critical understanding and action about gender, development and social justice. It will strengthen the role of young people in Commonwealth action and decision-making on gender equality issues by giving participants an understanding of the different political structures that have the ability to support gender equality, and how to harness them effectively. It will also strengthen youth gender networks. Using experiential learning activities, discussion and debate, it will enable young advocates to address a range of gender equality issues and provide an opportunity for peer learning and collaboration, and development of advocacy, social action and leadership skills.
CYGEN and The RCS are committed to ending gender-based discrimination for all. Participants must be committed to working for equality for all members of society, regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for successful applicants.
- This will be a highly participatory and interactive peer learning week.
- Develop critical understanding and action about gender, development and social justice.
- Applicants must be 18 – 25 years old and able to demonstrate some prior experience of working on gender equality issues, either in youth, community or workplace settings, through social action projects or studies.
- Participants must be committed to working for equality for all members of society, regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Completed application forms should be submitted to [email protected]
Application Deadline: May 29, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link