Future Leaders Connect is where exceptional individuals (aged 18-35) from around the world join a long-term network of emerging policy leaders. You will develop your policy making expertise, make valuable connections and gain the skills to have real impact. Together you will discuss major global policy issues in the Houses of Parliament, engage with inspiring leaders, visit some of the UK’s leading global institutions and collaborate to produce innovative policy recommendations. The skills, experience and connections you will make through Future Leaders Connect will support you to seize your leadership potential.
- Become a member of a long-term network, connecting with other future leaders from across the world
- Access to a nine day programme of leadership and policy skill development
- Enhance your professional development
- Opportunity to have your voice and ideas heard in the UK Houses of Parliament
- Attend private meetings with some of the UK’s most senior leaders
- Visit world famous leadership institutions
- Learn from senior policy experts and campaigners
- Access to future opportunities from the British Council
- We are looking for people who can passionately articulate their vision for global change and explain the role of policy making in helping them to achieve this.
- You should be willing to engage in this long-term opportunity with the British Council to become a member of Future Leaders Connect and be committed to the network.
- You are likely to be in your early to mid-career, aged between 18 and 35 (on 14th May 2017) and already have examples of when you have demonstrated leadership.
- You will need to live in one of our participating countries (Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, and the UK) and be eligible to access a visa to come to the UK.
- We are looking for emerging leaders who are committed to support the development of their country through policy change, and so encourage those to apply who have good contextual knowledge and strong networks in the country they are based in.
- We are looking to recruit a diverse group of people with different experiences, ideas and backgrounds.
- Be able to speak English at IELTS level 6 or equivalent (this means you generally you have an effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage and misunderstandings. You can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations).
- You cannot be currently employed by the British Council or be an immediate family member of a British Council employee. (In this case immediate family member is defined as one’s spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and immediate in-laws (mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law). Adopted children and stepchildren are also counted as immediate family members.)
There are three stages to the application process
1) Online application
2) Finalists take part in events in their country
3) Future Leaders Connect members travel to the UK, nine days of development opportunities
Application Deadline: May 14, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link