The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 3 to 9 June 2019.
The one-week Workshop aims to build the capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship and human rights. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and human rights through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
- Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
- APCEIU will provide accommodations, meals and local transportation for all participants during the workshop.
- APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea. However, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from the international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.
- Only travel insurance during the workshop will be covered by APCEIU. If participants require or wish to have health insurance during that period, all expenses should be borne individually.
- Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of GCED at the local and national levels. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Born between 1991 and 2000
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Completion of the e-learning course titled “Voices of Youth: Youth Advocacy for GCED” on GCED Online Campus (www.gcedonlinecampus.org) by 31 March 2019 *
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link