As higher education was introduced in the Sultanate over the past decade, the government has awarded thousands of scholarships to both locals as well as non-locals to study in Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
Apart from tuitions borne by the government, the scholarships also include the bursaries for accommodation, books, food, personal spending as well as complementary medical treatment at any Brunei Government hospital whilst travel expenses will be arranged by the Brunei Darussalam Foreign Mission at the scholar’s country of origin or the closest Brunei Darussalam Mission to their country.
There are numerous scholarship schemes available for prospective local and international students. The scholarships include:
- Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (for Local applicants) and Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship For Foreign Students Tenable in Brunei Darussalam (for international applicants)
- Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship is offered to citizens of Negara Brunei Darussalam and to International students to provide financial aid in the perusal of knowledge from undergraduate to graduate studies.
- UBD Graduate Scholarship
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam offered this scholarship to outstanding students who are interested in pursuing their studies at the Doctor of Philosophy level after achieving excellence in their Master’s degree. This is a very competitive scholarship and applicants with academic talents and caliber are highly encouraged to apply.
- UBD Graduate Research Scholarship
- The UBD Graduate Research Scholarship is a competitive scheme awarded to quality Ph.D. students with a strong desire to work in an international and competitive research-intensive environment.
- UBD Bursary
- The UBD Bursary is another funding scheme offered by Universiti Brunei Darussalam to Doctor of Philosophy applicants from any programs offered by the university with the vision of refining local minds who will be the next generation of academics in the institution.
The University of Brunei Scholarship Awards Fully Funded Scholarships for all International Students as well as Domestic Students. The University will cover all the expenses such as:
- Waived Tuition Fees, Including Registration and Acceptance Fees at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- A Subsistence Allowance of BND 500.00 Per Month for 36 months.
- On-campus Accommodation for 36 months.
- One Round Trip Economic Class Air Ticket will be provided from their home country upon accepting the scholarship and their home country upon completing their studies.
- Allowances for Field Research (BND 1000.00 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000.00 for Science candidates)
- Citizen of Brunei Darussalam
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree with Honors (Second Class and above) or its equivalent from institutions recognized by the University Senate unless otherwise stated (for Graduate applicants).
- At least a credit C6 for Bahasa Melayu in the Brunei GCE ‘O’ Level Examination
- At least a credit C6 for the English Language in the Brunei GCE ‘O’ Level Examination OR Grade B in IGCSE English as a Second Language OR IELTS Overall Band 6.0.
- Age of not more than 26 years of age (for Undergraduate applicants) or not more than 30 years of age (for Graduate applicants).
- Admitted to undergraduate study through the Higher Education Central Admission System HECAS – if you are eligible for the Brunei Government Scholarship, your scholarship application will be processed for you by UBD to the Ministry of Education.
- Admitted to graduate study – Once you have received your UBD offer letter, please complete this form and submit it as soon as possible for the process of your scholarship.
- Admitted to undergraduate study through the Higher Education Central Admission System HECAS – if eligible for the Brunei Government Scholarship, the application will be processed by UBD to the Ministry of Education.
- Admitted to graduate study – Once the UBD offer letter has been received, please complete the form and submit it as soon as possible for the process of your scholarship.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link