The University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas, offers a unique combination of excellent, affordable, and personalized academic and leadership opportunities to empower students to become successful 21st-century citizens in an increasingly complex world. They offer accredited and nationally ranked programs at an affordable price with automatic scholarship opportunities for international students. UHV makes sure that its graduates are given the tools they need to make their mark in society and the world.
At the University of Houston-Victoria, the International Programs functions as a catalyst for internationalization and a hub for all things international for their International Students and Scholars as well as their domestic students seeking to expand their horizons.
To schedule an appointment or Join International Programs at the Virtual Lobby on Mondays to Thursdays 9-4 pm Central Standard Time (The university is closed on the weekend and federal holidays) Walk-in appointments are welcome. International Programs encourages students to schedule face-2-face and virtual meetings via Microsoft Bookings before all meetings to ensure staff availability. All virtual appointments will be recorded.
All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for the International Merit Scholarship. The award can reduce the total cost of attendance between $3000-$10,000 (two semesters). For international students on F-1 and J-1 visas, the scholarship will reflect the residency tuition rate. The award only applies to tuition and fees. All other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used to study at UHV. The awards and waivers are available for fall recipients for the fall, spring, and summer semesters. for undergraduate and graduate full-time study at UHV.
Their objective is to assist the University’s various academic and Student Life Departments to integrate a global perspective into the curriculum and program development and implementation.
- Award of a $1000 guaranteed scholarship for students living on-campus
- Admitted student to UHV
- At the time of award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students, and 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (the semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Approval for volunteer opportunities must be approved in advance. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline.
- International students or students on another non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be of good academic and immigration status
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Applicants will have to submit an application for the scholarship through two online forms
- Applicants will have to sign in using the UHV username and password
- Applicants will have to fill up two application forms available at https://uhv.academicworks.com/ and https://webprod.uhv.edu/webforms/international/merit-scholarship/ to complete the application
Note: When the application is complete, it may say the deadline has passed. Applicants have no need to worry about that. Authority wants the applicants to complete this application regardless of the deadline.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link