The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at The American University in Dubai seeks to further the goals of the Clinton Foundation to strengthen the capacity of people in the United States and throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence. In partnership with The American University in Dubai, the program will provide American students based in the US the opportunity to expand their educational and cultural horizons by studying in the Arab world. President Clinton gave public recognition to this during his keynote Address at AUD’s Fifth Commencement (June 2002) in which he cited the multi-cultural composition of AUD’s student body consisting of over one hundred nationalities, as a microcosm of Dubai’s multi-ethnicity. In this spirit, the Clinton Presidential Foundation and AUD have established this program to encourage others to experience this diversity.
- A full waiver of tuition for one semester (Fall or Spring).
- On-campus housing at The American University in Dubai on a shared-room basis.
- Must be an U.S. Citizen.
- Must currently be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate degree candidate at an accredited four-year college/university in the United States.
- Preference will be given to students who show interest in being exposed to the Middle Eastern and Islamic cultures for the first time.
- To apply, a student must complete the application for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at The American University in Dubai;
- Complete the Clinton Scholarship Application Form online. Follow the apply now link for the application form;
- Passport photocopy with validity page;
- A personal statement (500 words minimum) addressing the qualities that distinguish the applicant for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholars Program at AUD;
- A copy of the applicant’s current undergraduate official transcript showing that the applicant
- is in good academic standing [i.e., 3.0 GPA or equivalent] at the institution from which he or she is applying; and,
- has completed or is completing one full year of study as a fulltime student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university;
- A résumé or CV indicating work and/or leadership experience; and,
- One letter of recommendation. (To be submitted by reference before the application deadline.)
- Please follow the official link for further details.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2021 (36 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link