The Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship is open to attend the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany.
At Novartis, they are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. Novartis has a rich history spanning over the course of 250 years, developing innovative products to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. Named one of Forbes’s Most Admired Pharmaceutical Companies of 2020, Novartis is a global healthcare company that aims to deliver our therapies to as many people as possible.
Their Team’s purpose is to put patients first. As healthcare and technology continue to evolve, They strive to develop breakthrough treatments and find innovative ways to deliver them to populations and patients in need. They work to expand access to medicine, eliminate the disease, and make healthcare sustainable in the developing world.
Part of their culture as a company is to unleash the power of their people; they want everyone at Novartis to feel empowered to achieve their goals and influence change. Through this scholarship, Novartis wants to extend our culture of curiosity and ‘unbossed’ mentality to create an opportunity for young leaders outside of our company who have a passion for healthcare and are initiating change to create a better and healthier world.
Their scholarship supports young social entrepreneurs and their local/global initiatives to help accelerate their leadership journey. This scholarship is for young leaders whose focus is on supporting, advancing, and / or solving issues in the health care space including mental health, like health care professionals, nurses, volunteers of health care organizations, medical students.
- Novartis will select 10 scholars from a shortlist of candidates provided by One Young World.
- Candidates will be evaluated based on the following:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change within healthcare and health-based initiatives.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Addressing key local and/or global health care issues in your work.
- Having a good understanding of global issues.
- Skills: collaborator, creative, enthusiastic, challenge the status quo.
A pre-selection of the candidates will be done by OYW based on the above criteria. This shortlist of candidates will be invited for an online leadership test (duration: approx. 1 hour), followed by an interview with Novartis representatives.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany which takes place from 23 – 26 April.
- Hotel accommodation during the summit
- Travel to and from Munich (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner on conference days
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Provide a forum to pitch and share your initiatives within the Novartis organization
- A mentorship program with Novartis employee(s)
- Pre-summit meeting or lunch with the OYW Novartis delegation
- Aged 18 – 30
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants cannot be employed by Novartis
- Applicants must demonstrate a positive impact in the healthcare sector in some capacity
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2020 (15 Hours Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link