Shim Law is a full-service law firm located in Calgary, AB. They are always looking for ways to support our next generation of leaders, so the Annual Shim Law Scholarship was created. This year, they want to focus on family law and have their 2 topics to be centered around this practice.
For this scholarship, please choose 1 of the specified topics below:
#1 What kind of social media evidence do the courts tend to view or consider more or less in family law matters?
#2 What is required in cohabitation or prenuptial agreement to make it valid in the eyes of the court? What are the benefits of setting up such an agreement prior to marriage or a typical law relationship?
The applicant is asked to explain this with the use of an infographic and use credible data to support his/her claims. And a case law analysis can be included. The student should remember to source any data he/she may use on their submission as well.
For both of these topics, the student should create an infographic with data to support their claims. They understand that some of you may not have the tools to create an infographic. Here is a list of some free tools they may use to create the infographics:
- The winner of the scholarship will be posted on this webpage after June 30, 2022 – It will take approximately 4 weeks after the submission deadline to contact our winning submission. We will post the winner on the front page of our website.
- Any Canadian or American University/College.
- Any University/College Program.
- Any Years of Study.
- The winner will be based on how creative and informative they answer the topics above. It will be reviewed by their team at Shim Law.
- Applicants must submit an infographic regarding one of the topics given.
The application deadline is June 30, 2022, at 12:00 am – any submission after this will not be accepted.
The applicant shall show proof of enrolment when submitting their scholarship application.
- The application should be submitted to [email protected] that include:
- Name, Phone Number, and Mailing Address.
- Proof of Enrolment at a Canadian/American University.
- Their creative and informative piece is attached to the email with the subject line “Shim Law Scholarship 2022”.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link