Do you speak English but you make mistakes and you’re worried this makes you look unprofessional? Do you have a job or you want one in the future which requires you to speak excellent levels of English? Do you know English grammar but still get confused by certain more complicated rules? Then this course is for you!
This course is for people who can already speak English but would like to improve their knowledge of the language and who want to improve their English for professional life. It’s specifically designed for those who want to improve speaking and writing in the workplace.
During the Workshop, you will learn how to speak and write in English in a professional way. The course will allow you to move to the next level in your knowledge of English!
The professional English Speaking and Writing Workshop will take place from the March 18 to March 23, 2018 in Amsterdam. Why is this course in Amsterdam? Because The Netherlands School for Innovative Education and a large part of the courses are based in Amsterdam. This is not, however, the only reason! The Netherlands is the country with one of the highest levels of English proficiency in countries where English is not the official language. Furthermore, Amsterdam is one of the most international cities in the world, where you can meet people from almost every country. The Netherlands Education Group believe this is a perfect environment for adjusting to using English in a professional way.
In today’s globalized world, a good knowledge of English is becoming increasingly necessary. In particular, many companies now require a good level of English for you to work for them. Often a lack of English proficiency can be a hurdle which stops many people developing in their careers. At the same time, it’s often difficult to find the right course in a short period of time which offers a genuine improvement in your professional communication skills. This course is designed for busy people who have less than a week to improve their English proficiency.
This is no regular English language course! It’s an intensive workshop which aims at significantly improving your communicational skills. Communication is often the hardest part of any language and speaking and writing are perhaps the hardest parts of English. It is a core part of the educational philosophy that each student requires individual attention in order to improve. Moreover, different students make different mistakes at different times and therefore need to be catered to as individuals. This workshop is aimed at small groups where each member can receive personal attention from a tutor and will be given personalized feedback and recommendations to improve their own English, not for the group as a whole. This workshop is designed to target key shortcomings in the student’s English skills and to then help them improve on it.
Having great communication skills in English is perfect to leave a good impression on colleagues and partners. Candidates with better English certainly stand out against those who have worse English at a job interview. Professional English communication skills are vital to improving career perspectives.
The workshop will allow you to find out any problems with your English skills and will help you improve your professional communication in English. Your speaking and writing will become better and more professional and by the end of it, you will feel much more confident in your ability. You will begin to understand the smaller details and maybe..just MAYBE you’ll begin to understand British humor.
If you can’t get your dream job in your dream country because your English isn’t good enough, then join our course today and get the green light to your future career in an international organization.
**The fee for the course is 550 euro. The fees include:
- Accommodation (in Amsterdam)
- The course (including all the cost materials)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks)
The tickets to and from the Netherlands are not included in the price. The participants need to purchase their tickets additionally.
- During the sessions, among other topics, the following topics will be discussed:
- Grammar – a tutor will introduce some grammar rules which are often neglected and cause common mistakes.
- Common mistakes – a tutor will talk about some common mistakes in communication in English which are often made by non-English speakers and provide the recommendations on how to avoid them.
- Professional Communication – a tutor will introduce the rules for professional communication – oral and written. The tutor will take participants how to build speech in a professional environment.
- Argumentation – participants will be given some examples on how to build the arguments in order to have your voice heard in a professional discussion.
- Team work in English – team work is very important in international organizations. The lack of team work skills in English might lead to complications at work. The participants will learn how to develop their skills of team work in English within a company.
- CV, motivation letter – the participants will learn how to write CV and motivation letter using professional English.
- Job interview – a tutor will share with participants how to go through job interviews in English.
- Writing emails – writing an email is one of the key activities in nearly any job! The participants will learn how to write professional emails and what to avoid preparing letters.
- Professional language – a tutor will talk about professional English language, give examples of some useful phrases and expressions, talk about styles in English.
- Individual feedbacks – during the program a tutor will pay attention personally to each participant. She will try to notice where the skills of each participant could be improved and give relevant feedback. Each participant will receive individual recommendations on how his/her English could be improved. A tutor will identify the personal mistakes (if any) of a participant and will provide a private feedback to a person giving the recommendations aimed on those particular mistakes (if any).
- In the beginning of the course a tutor will ask participants what are the topics they would like to focus on, what are the field where they have difficulties, what are the issues they would like to address. The tutor will slightly adjust the programs trying to address the questions raised by participants. Some of the questions will be addressed during the sessions – the ones that might be interesting for other participants as well. Some others – who are very individual – can be addressed individually.
- We try to make sure that the program will be relevant to the learning needs of each participant and each participant will gain something in order to improve own communicational skills in English.
- The workshop will be conducted by a native speaker of English language.
- The workshop will be conducted for a small group of students to make sure everyone will be involved in the process of learning. During the course a tutor will dedicate an individual attention to each student. Each student will receive an individual feedback and recommendations on how to improve English.
Open For All.Eligible Regions: Participants from all countries are eligible to apply
In order to apply for the program – please send an email to the following address: [email protected]
Please indicate the following information in the text of the email:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Title of the course you are applying for
- The reasons why you would like to join the course and the expectations you have from the course
Please send a copy of the email to – [email protected]
The Netherlands Education Group do not have any age or geographical limits for the applicants. Person of any age from any country is welcome to apply for the course.
For participants who need a visa to enter to the Netherlands, the organizer provides a visa invitation!
Application Deadline: March 18, 2018 (93 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link