The Schwarzman Scholars Program for Future Leaders is now open. The scholars program is designed to identify the most promising young leaders from around the world to ensure that the next generation of business, political, and civil society leaders can effectively serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world. Anchored in an 11-month professional Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Beijing’s prestigious Tsinghua University, the Schwarzman Scholars experience encompasses unparalleled opportunities in and outside of the classroom, including extensive leadership training, a network of senior mentors, practical training/internships, and travel seminars around China.
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions. All qualified candidates will have successfully completed their undergraduate degrees prior to enrollment and must be proficient in English.
The extraordinary students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Lenovo laptop
- Health insurance
- A personal stipend
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements by August 1, 2019 before orientation begins. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome.
- Age Requirement.
Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2019.
- English language proficiency.
Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who graduated from an undergraduate/graduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program.
- Married applicants may apply and will be at no disadvantage in the application process.
- There are no citizenship or nationality requirements. Academic excellence will be a requirement for successful applicant, but here is no minimum GPA or class rank required to apply. Applicants are expected to have demonstrated excellence in their academic studies, and the most competitive candidates will be among the top students in their graduating class.
**The deadline for applicants who hold passports and/or resident permits from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao, regardless of where they attended university or reside, has passed. **Eligible Regions: Open for All
- A complete and successfully submitted online application, including the requested personal statement(s) and supplementary components below.
- Uploaded transcripts/academic records from every degree-granting college or university attended (undergraduate or graduate – must be combined into one PDF and then uploaded). If transcripts are not in English, official translations must be included.
- Three electronic letters of recommendation. At least one of these letters must come from a recommender who can comment on the specific examples of leadership described in the candidate’s application, but the recommender must at least be able to comment on the candidate’s leadership qualities from direct knowledge of the candidate. Recommendations must be translated to English by a professional translator if written in another language.
- Video: Submission of a video is strongly recommended but not required. The video can be up to one minute in length, and candidates are invited to introduce themselves in any style or setting they think best conveys their interests and personality. Note: the file must be less than 20MB in order for you to upload it to the application.
- Current resume/CV: Please submit a resume or c.v. appropriate for any application for employment in your country. This can be no longer than 2 pages.
- Two Essays:
- Essay One: Statement of Purpose and Leadership (750 words).
- Essay Two: Current Affairs Essay (up to 500 words).
Application Deadline: September 27, 2018 (7 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link