Netherlands Government Scholarship 2021 is a fully-funded scholarship, offered through Orange Knowledge Program (OKP). Applicants can apply for both short courses and MPhil/Master’s Programs.
Together with the Dutch embassies, Nuffic is developing the programmes for the 52 partner countries. The Orange Knowledge Programme started mid-2017 and will be concluded in 2022.
The Orange Knowledge Programme aims to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals as well as organizations both in the field of higher and vocational education and in other fields related to the priority themes in the programme countries.
Applications for the Round 1 Netherlands Government Scholarships 2020 is closed. 2nd Round is now open. Scholarship holders would be able to conduct inclusive and sustainable development programs in their countries.
- One of the instruments offered by the Orange Knowledge Programme are the individual scholarships, which are open to mid-career professionals who are nationals of -and living and working in the given countries (Check the official website)
- This 5-year programme is initiated and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Nuffic.
- Scholarships are available for a selection of:
- Short courses (duration 2 weeks to 12 months);
- Master’s programmes (duration 12 – 24 months).
- Candidate must have worked for a national/ local organization or academic or vocational education universities, institutions, private sector, NGOs, or commissions.
- Candidate must have experience in his field of interest or networks or employed within a relevant theme.
- Candidate must be a national of the countries mentioned above.
- The candidate must have valid required documents.
- The candidate must have been enrolled in a course in which he wants to apply to OKP.
- If the local government requires a letter in the application form, applicants should provide a government statement.
- Your employer should write a letter that he would continue to give you the intended salary throughout the program. (OKP gives you enough money that even you do not get any monthly payments from your employer, that won’t be an issue for you)
- Check the official website for details about the eligibilities.
- There are 3 application rounds for individual scholarships in 2021:
- Round 1: closed
- Round 2: 13 May-30 June (for masters starting between 24 November – 27 July 2021 and short courses starting between 24 November – 22 February 2021)
- Round 3: 2 September-13 October (only for short courses starting between 23 February – 27 July 2021)
- Application deadlines vary per institution. After selecting a course, you need to contact the Dutch institution directly for more information about the application deadline.
- The procedure is as follows:
- Candidates register
- Dutch institution nominates candidates and submits a grant application
- Embassies check eligibility and assess applications
- Selection results published
- Grants awarded
- The Dutch institution can give you more information on the various steps involved in the application and selection procedures, as well as the eligibility criteria. You can find contact information for the Dutch institutions on the official website.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link