The Loom Nam Khong Pijai Scholarships are granted by the Royal Thai Government in honor of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. The aim is to assist human resource development in 6 GMS countries in any field of study related to the following four thematic areas:
- Infrastructure Development
- Energy Technology
- Oil, Gas and Natural Resources Development, and
- Environmental Engineering and Management.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The scholarship provides an opportunity for students of diverse backgrounds from all countries in Greater Mekong Sub-region to study and do research work together in the truly international environment at AIT and to build a good foundation for international understanding among people of Asia.
Established in 1959, the Asian Institute of Technology is a leading regional postgraduate institution offering Master and Doctoral degree programs. The Asian Institute of Technology promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world. Recognized for its multinational, multicultural ethos, the Institute operates as a self-contained international community at its campus located 40km (25 miles) north of downtown Bangkok, Thailand. Besides the usual labs and academic buildings, the main campus includes housing, sports, and medical facilities, a conference centre and a library with over 230,000 volumes and 830 print and on-line periodicals. AIT will strive to become a leading and a unique regional multicultural institution of higher learning, offering state of the art education, research and training in technology, management and societal development. The mission of AIT in the context of the emerging environment is “to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who will play a leading role in the sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy”.
Each Scholarship award covers tuition and registration fees, accommodation, and a bursary for living expenses in AIT’s residential campus, for the entire period of the 22-month Master Degree program.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizens of Thailand, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam and China (Yunnan and Guangxi Provinces)
- Graduated in related fields from an accredited institution
- Have a good education record in a 4-year undergraduate degree program
- Have a high proficiency in English as required by AIT
- Applicants in Thailand can also take the AIT English Test administered by the AIT Language Center
- From universities with QS Ranking within 1000 or better with cGPA 3.0 and above (or equivalent) or from other universities with cGPA 3.5 and above (or equivalent).
- Nominations from Department Heads or the Faculty Advisors of the prospective candidates are invited by filling up the Nomination Form and send by email to [email protected]
- Please download the Nomination Form from the link official link.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link