The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2024, hosted by Stanford University in the United States, offers a transformative educational experience for graduate students from around the world. This prestigious, fully-funded scholarship program is designed to empower visionary minds, nurture leadership qualities, and foster a culture of collaboration and community service. The program’s duration spans up to three years, providing scholars with ample time to pursue their graduate degrees and engage in a plethora of enriching experiences.
The program’s cornerstone is the King Global Leadership Program (KGLP), where selected scholars embark on a journey of self-discovery and development. Through KGLP, scholars gain profound insights into leadership and technical skills, equipping them to tackle complex challenges in the contemporary world. They cultivate their creativity, honing their decision-making abilities under pressure and uncertain conditions.
Stanford University, renowned for its commitment to excellence in education, provides an ideal backdrop for Knight-Hennessy Scholars to thrive. The university’s Vice-Provost for Graduate Education offers a comprehensive professional development framework to guide and support graduate students. Within this framework, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars community serves as a valuable resource, facilitating mentorship, collaboration, and personal growth.
The heart of this vibrant community is Dening House, which houses nearly 9,000 national and international students. This hub fosters the development of interpersonal and collaborative skills as scholars engage with peers from diverse backgrounds. Dening House’s serene environment, recognized with the 2020 Design Award by AI A Silicon Valley, provides a tranquil space where scholars can reflect and engage in productive discourse.
Furthermore, Dening House serves as a platform for scholars to share ideas, experiences, and cultural exchanges. It is a hub for small gatherings, conferences, events, and regular dinners, fostering mutual understanding and strengthening the bonds of this tight-knit community. The unique and stimulating atmosphere of Dening House complements the scholars’ academic pursuits and contributes to their holistic development.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2024 offers approximately 100 fully-funded scholarships to graduate students from all disciplines, regardless of their nationality, color, ethnicity, age, or gender. With its commitment to diversity, leadership, and community engagement, this program empowers scholars to make a meaningful impact on the world. The journey begins with an application deadline of October 11, 2023, and extends over three transformative years, marking the start of a lifelong connection to the global network of Knight-Hennessy Scholars.
- A stipend of €19,000 per year to cover tuition fees and associated fees.
- A living and education stipend of €3,250 per year to cover room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional material, local transport costs, and reasonable personal expenses.
- An economy class return ticket to and from Ireland once a year.
- A one-time relocation stipend to help with the cost of moving to Ireland.
- A supplementary grant to enrich educational insight through conferences and travel.
- A special summer grant for scholars who choose to participate in summer research projects.
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Applicants of all ethnicities are eligible to apply.
- Applicants of all genders are eligible to apply.
- There is no upper age limit for applicants.
- Applicants must be enrolled and accepted in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program.
- Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree in January 2017 or later. Applicants who are from the US military (active or veteran) must have earned their degree in January 2015 or later.
- Applicants must be proficient in English. TOEFL is accepted by all the Stanford graduate programs. However, the MBA program also accepts IELTS and PTE.
- Applicants must demonstrate evidence of the following three criteria: Independence of thought, Purposeful leadership and Civic mindset.
- In order to apply the applicants have to apply separately for the scholarship and for the Stanford University graduate degree program.
- In the scholarship form, the applicant has to indicate the Stanford degree program to which the applicant will apply.
- The application for Knight-Hennessy Scholarship will be submitted online.
- The application material must be submitted in English via an online application.
- It is recommended that the applicant must be using an advanced version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while applying.
Hennessy Scholarship: October 11, 2023
Stanford Graduate Programs: Varies by program. Check with your desired program to verify the deadline for KHS applicants.
Important note for KHS applicants: You must submit your application for the graduate program by December 1, 2023, or by the program’s standard deadline if it is earlier.Program Overview | Knight-Hennessy Scholars (stanford.edu)
Application Deadline: October 11, 2023 (8 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link