Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is a need-and-merit-based award provided by the University of British Columbia, Canada. It recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided that one needs to achieve satisfactory academic standing in the faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain the Canadian study permit (student visa).
- The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need.
- Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year.
- A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- One must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- One must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- One must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- One must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- One must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- One must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2020 (13 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link