A great opportunity from the University of British Columbia. They are offering the International Leader of Tomorrow Award. This award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The value of the International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to the applicant’s financial need. Financial need is determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution applicant and their family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by the applicant.
You’ll have access to numerous opportunities inside and outside the classroom that will enrich your university experience.
- Study-abroad exchange programs can take you to emerging countries where you’ll address local challenges in health, agriculture, social infrastructure, education, and sustainable development.
- Community-based experiential learning projects can help you apply your academic interests to the needs and issues of the local or global community.
- Annual retreats will help you connect with your community while you plan for the year ahead and develop your leadership skills.
- An annual workshop series will provide leadership, community development, career preparation, and networking opportunities throughout your degree.
- Receptions and celebratory events are hosted throughout each year to recognize your achievements and connect you to the Scholars community on campus.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Established in 1908, UBC is British Columbia’s oldest university. The university is ranked among the top 20 public universities worldwide and top three in Canada. With an annual research budget of $600 million (one of the largest in Canada), UBC funds over 8,000 projects a year. The University of British Columbia is a member of Universitas 21, an international association of research-led institutions and the only Canadian member of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities, a consortium of 42 leading research universities in the Pacific Rim.
- An attractive sum of money will be provided based on the applicant’s financial need.
- The award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing.
- Earn a globally recognized degree at a top university
- Study with the brightest students in the world
- Take advantage of unique learning opportunities
- Access dedicated advising and support
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- Visit the official link.
- Download and complete the award nomination package.
- Applicant’s package must be couriered to the University. (Package can be found on the official link.)
- Complete the online application for admission to UBC.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2018 (46 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link