The Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is available to apply for during the University’s Continuous Scholarship Round. The GUIPRS covers tuition fees for the applicant for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for research masters candidates. In addition, the scholarship covers Overseas Student Health Cover for the applicant and any dependant/s for the duration of the scholarship.
Research candidates are required to hold a visa for their program length plus an additional eight months to allow for interactive thesis marking. Candidates undertaking a Ph.D. will require 57 months of overseas health coverage.
Holders of Griffith University scholarships will receive cover (if undertaking a Ph.D.) for the first 42 months of their program and will be required to pay the remaining 15 months (and provide evidence of coverage) at the time of accepting their offer.
Since 1975, their teaching and research have been focused on addressing the most important social and environmental issues of their time. Today, that mission is as relevant as ever.
Social and environmental responsibility drives everything they do, from pioneering teaching in modern Asian studies and environmental science to their long-time support for First Peoples, social justice, and sustainable practices.
Consistently ranking in the top 2 percent of universities globally, their degrees are designed with industry in mind, the future in their sight, and social impact at heart.
With more than 55,000 students, their community spans five campuses across South East Queensland plus their Digital campus, complemented by a global alumni network of over 200,000 graduates.
They know the world can, and should, be a better place—for everyone. And in helping thousands of different people create a brighter future for themselves, they’re doing their part to create a brighter future for all.
The GUIPRS is a full fee-paying scholarship and matches the value of the fees charged by the enrolment Element.
The GUIPRS may be held for up to two years for a research master’s program and up to three years for a doctoral program. A six-month extension may be granted to doctoral candidates in certain circumstances.
(1) Fee Offset
The fee offset provided by the GUIPRS removes the liability of the awardee to pay the program tuition fees for the tenure of the award.
(2) Ancillary Costs
The following ancillary costs of undertaking the HDR program are provided for under the terms of this scholarship:
- The cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy which covers the candidate and dependents (if any) for up to 42 months;
- The Student Services and Amenities Fee for which the scholarship recipient would otherwise, be liable during the tenure of the scholarship.
To be eligible for a GUIPRS, an applicant must:
- Not be a domestic student, as defined as being a student who is an Australian citizen; or an Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa; or a New Zealand citizen;
- Be commencing or enrolled in an HDR program (for which GUIPRS support is available) at Griffith University.
A GUIPRS will not be awarded to a candidate who is in receipt of an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government designed to offset HDR program tuition fees.Eligible Regions: Open for All
- New applicants must follow the process for submitting an online application for a higher degree by research program, which also includes a section for scholarship application.
- Current research candidates are required to follow a different process for submitting a scholarship application.
- Applicants may only apply a maximum of two times in a five-year period for consideration in the scholarship ranking and selection process.
Application Deadline: July 10, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link