The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO is headquartered in Rome, Italy and maintains regional and field offices around the world, operating in over 130 countries. It helps governments and development agencies coordinate their activities to improve and develop agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and land and water resources. It also conducts research, provides technical assistance to projects, operates educational and training programs, and collects data on agricultural output, production, and development.
Composed of 197 member states, the FAO is governed by a biennial conference representing each member country and the European Union, which elects a 49-member executive council. The Director-General, currently Qu Dongyu of China, serves as the chief administrative officer. There are various committees governing matters such as finance, programs, agriculture, and fisheries.
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2021-22 academic year:
- Agricultural water management engineering (Szent István University)
- Plant protection (Szent István University)
- Crop production (Szent István University)
The following universities and faculties are participating:
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Gödöllő
- Szent István University, Georgikon Campus, Keszthely
The scholarship will cover:
- Application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- Dormitory accommodation;
- Subsistence costs;
- Health insurance.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Applications should be submitted via email. The application form will be available through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021 (1 Day Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link