The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s program and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
One academic year
- The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only; dependants cannot be accommodated
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 4 quarterly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course ; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Please ensure you submit both the applications required:
- Stage 1: An academic application for your chosen master’s program; within this application, you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship. Please forward your academic offer letter to [email protected] when you receive it from the University.
- Stage 2: Apply for the Scholarship on the Application form given in the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link