The Penn Center for the Study of Ethnicity, Race, and Immigration (CSERI) invites applications, starting October 12, 2020, for a one-year postdoctoral research fellowship in the social sciences (with a possible renewal for a second year).
CSERI is a central initiative supported by the University of Pennsylvania and the School of Arts and Sciences. In addition to this post-doctoral fellowship, CSERI hosts visiting scholars and graduate students organize workshops initiated by the Center’s Faculty Advisory Council and affiliates and supports graduate and undergraduate student social science research at Penn.
The 2021-2022 CSERI Postdoctoral Research Fellow will help organize and participate in faculty/graduate student workshops, aid in the evaluation of the progress of graduate students and undergraduates receiving research grants, and collaborate with CSERI faculty affiliates on research projects. However, the Fellow will largely have the opportunity to pursue their own research and participate more generally in the intellectual life of the Penn community. There are no mandatory teaching responsibilities, but the post-doc is expected to be in residence.
Our program values interdisciplinary research, collaboration, and collegiality; is committed to promoting a culturally diverse intellectual community.
- The stipend for the postdoctoral fellowship is $53,000 plus relevant fees and individual health insurance.
- The position also provides $2,500 in research support, with the opportunity to apply for additional funding.
- Applications are welcome from scholars who have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degrees in the social sciences in the last two years (not earlier than 2019), or who expect to complete their degree by July 2021.
- Skills with statistical analysis, qualitative software, GIS, experimental, and other approaches are desirable, but not necessary.
- Applications from women, minorities, and underrepresented communities are encouraged.
Please submit all required materials through the given link.
- Documents to be uploaded:
- Cover Letter
- Title and Description of Proposed Research – No more than 1,500 words.
- CV – Indicate experience with both qualitative and quantitative research, experience with qualitative and statistical research software (e.g. R, STATA, ATLAS/TI, Dedoose, etc.). List other fellowships, funding and scholarships received, and all publications.
- Writing Sample – An article or an excerpt of a book or dissertation chapter (25-page limit).
- Confidential Letters of Recommendation (two) – Referees should be asked both to comment on your proposed project and to discuss your qualifications and experience as a researcher.
A review of applications will begin immediately after the submission deadline, and final notifications are expected to go out by February 26, 2021. The starting date for the Postdoctoral Research Fellow appointment is negotiable but should be effective no later than August 15, 2021.
Application Deadline: December 21, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link