Are you a young leader who’s interested in decarbonized energy? The applications are open for bp Net Zero Scholarship 2022! You could attend One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 15-19 May through the One Young World Scholarship.
The world’s carbon budget is finite and running out fast; at bp they know we need a rapid transition to net zero. We all energy that is reliable and affordable, but that is no longer enough. It must also be cleaner. This will require nothing short of reimagining energy for people and our planet.
bp has set an ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero. This means dramatically reducing carbon in the company’s operations and production while growing new low carbon businesses, products and services.
As bp heads towards net zero, they are committed to listening to, learning from and working with others. That’s why bp is pleased to support the Net Zero Scholarship, a programme to identify and engage with young innovators who are reimaging energy for people and planet today.
The scholarship seeks candidates making an impact in one of the following areas:
- Advocating for progressive climate policies
- Enhancing current decarbonized energy technologies such as solar and wind
- Improving access to decarbonized energy
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, regions, cities and industries
Five scholarship recipients will join bp’s delegation to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, where they will meet and exchange ideas with peers from across the business. Also
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 – 19 May 2022.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo.
- Catering includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues.
- Access to bespoke bp programming including pre-Summit briefing, a bp buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
- Aged 18 – 30*.
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Demonstrated impact in one of the following areas:
- Enhancing current decarbonized energy technologies such as solar and wind.
- Improving access to decarbonized energy.
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries.
- Advocating for progressive climate policies.
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.Eligible Regions: Open for All
- To apply for one of their scholarships, you will need to complete an online application form given in the link.
- The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of January.
- You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link