Application is now open for the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarship at Flinders University.
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend, and Overseas Health Care cover.
Please note: For visa purposes, the AGRTPS IS a Commonwealth Sponsored Scholarship.
A limited number (up to 10) of AGRTPS are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full-time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
Flinders is a leading international university in Australia with a record of excellence and innovation in teaching. It is a public university founded in 1966, which is based in Adelaide, South Australia.
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,092 (2020 rate), which is tax-exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application.
- Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
- Please see the conditions of award for full eligibility criteria given on the official link.
- To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a higher degree by research (Ph.D. or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship group, which will produce an application for both the AGRTPS and FIPRS via the Student info system.
- You can apply for admission at any time but before the closing date.
- To know more, please visit the official website.
Application Deadline: August 7, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link