2021 Scholarship Application for International Students in Japan by Ajinomoto Scholarship Foundation is open! Apply now!
Ajinomoto Scholarship Foundation provides scholarships to international students in the fields of “food, nutrition, and health” who have nationalities centered on Asia, Africa, and South America, and develop talented human resources who can support their studies and contribute to society in the future. A number of new hires scheduled for 2021: 7 people.
Selection and Notification of Results:
The selection committee of our scholarship society will conduct the first selection of documents and the final selection by interview, and the scholarship students (recipients) will be decided. Notify (Professor or Associate Professor) and the person. After deciding to hire, a prescribed form of “pledge” must be submitted to the president.
Precautions (Suspension or Cancellation of Scholarship):
- If the beneficiary falls under any of the following, the beneficiary decision will be canceled
- When falsehood is found in the items stated in the recommendation documents
- When the matters stipulated in this guideline no longer apply
- If you are unlikely to continue your studies or course due to illness or other reasons
- If you receive disciplinary action at your university, have poor academic performance, or do not comply with the matters notified when you decide to receive the scholarship, you may be discontinued from the scholarship payment. However, if a person whose scholarship payment is suspended or suspended stops the reason and makes a request through the president of the university or the dean of the graduate school, the scholarship payment may be resumed.
The monthly scholarship amount and payment period / method:
- Payment amount: 150,000 yen per month
- Payment period: In principle, up to 2 years
- Payment method: As a general rule, transfer money to your bank account every month
- However, if there are special circumstances, it can be issued for a total of two months or more
Those who fall under the following categories and who can submit an application in the prescribed format to the Scholarship Society through the university they are enrolled in. It should be noted that receiving or planning to receive another scholarship equivalent to the national university tuition fee does not interfere with the application.
- International students who have nationalities mainly in Asia, Africa and South America, and come to Japan for academic and research in the field of “food, nutrition and health”
- Those who are enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program at a Japanese graduate school
- Those who are excellent in academic background, have a strong desire to study, and need financial assistance
- Persons under the age of 30 as of April 1, 2021
- Those who can be recommended by the Dean of the Graduate School or an academic advisor (professor or associate professor)
Those who apply for the scholarship (hereinafter referred to as “applicants”) submit an application in the prescribed format to the president of the scholarship society (hereinafter referred to as “the president”) through the university to which they are enrolled. To fill up the application form please click on Apply Now.
- AJINOMOTO SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENTS FROM OVERSEAS Application from the Apply Now link.
(Use the designated form. Attach the photo to the designated location.)
- “Current research status and future research plan” (prescribed form)
- Letter of recommendation from the head of the graduate school or academic advisor (professor or associate professor) (regardless of format)
- Most recent academic transcript
(If the current course is not available, it is from the previous course. If you are planning to enroll newly, you can use the pass notification or admission letter.)
- Certificate of enrollment
- Copy of passport (personal photo field)
The beneficiary must report the status of study and research during the period of receipt through the university of enrollment every year.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link