The University of Adelaide offers a number of Adelaide Scholarships International to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research. Awards are available in all Discipline areas.
Ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide and located in the heart of the world’s 10th most liveable city, the University of Adelaide offers the rare combination of elite academic performance and an unrivaled quality of life.
The University of Adelaide is Australia’s third oldest university and have a rich heritage of accomplishment, being associated with one third of Australia’s Nobel Laureates—five in total.
The University is today home to 25,000 students, with 30% coming from overseas, creating a diverse community spanning more than 100 nationalities. The education provided is of the highest quality: ranked top 50 globally in four subject areas; top 100 in another 12; and top 150 in 10 more. And all Adelaide degrees ensure students gain not only deep discipline knowledge, but broad transferable capabilities to explore every future opportunity. Consequently, the University rank number one in South Australia for graduate employ-ability.
- Fee Waiver: Provides a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy.
- Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD28,092 (2020 rate, indexed annually) per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax-exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Allowances: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.
- Further details of terms and benefits can be found in the Conditions of Award given in the official link.
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and the citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Applicants who have applied for Australian permanent residency status, but have not yet received an outcome, can apply.
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enrol in their intended program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided), or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of a First Class Australian Honours degree. (In Australia an Honours degree is generally a one year qualification taken after an undergraduate degree and involves further study in a particular discipline area. In some areas, Honours is available as part of the final year of a four year undergraduate degree. It is recognised as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing and organisational skills. It also demonstrates an ability to undertake high-level study. Achievement of a First Class Honours degree indicates that the recipient performed at the highest academic level and indicates that they have had an introduction to independent research.)
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- Successful recipients must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered. It is not possible to defer the award.
International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: July 10, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link