To lead the management of the liquidity portfolio of the Bank with the aim of optimizing the risk-adjusted returns of invested funds into short and long investments whilst complying with the relevant liquidity, credit and market risk parameters. To ensure availability of liquidity at any time to fund the disbursements of the bank and to ensure sufficient quantum of reserve liquidity to be available at all times to meet the IsDB-OCR’s disbursement needs under stress scenarios. To manage the dealing room operations ensuring compliance with the relevant procedural guidelines.
Operational & Strategic Responsibilities:
- Lead the management of the liquidity portfolios of the Bank in line with the approved Liquidity Policy and the Liquidity Investment Guidelines.
- Manage profit rate risks and foreign exchange risks (e.g. mismatch/ gapping/hedging) as well as other markets, credit and operational risks according to the Investment and Liquidity guidelines for each portfolio.
- Review daily cash flow movements and future projections for movements of funds under the management of the Treasury Department to meet liquidity and disbursement requirements of the Bank.
- Identify and solicit investment proposals from the market, both primary and secondary, for the investment of liquid funds for IsDB, within the delegation of authority and choose the most appropriate investment products/instruments as approved by the Bank.
- Lead the process of documentation and execution of derivatives instruments including FX Forwards and Swaps, Cross Currency Swaps, Profit Rate Swaps, Repos and Reverse Repos etc.
- Monitor the size, maturity and overall position of the Bank’s liquidity investment portfolios to ensure they are in line with the Bank’s liquidity policy and guidelines including maintaining the Prudential Minimum Liquidity levels.
- Manage the preparation of all daily, weekly and other periodic reports on the liquid investment portfolios of IsDB-OCR.
- Ensure oversight and compliance with the relevant policies and guidelines, particularly for the bank’s liquidity.
- Work with the Treasury Director and other units to develop policies and procedures related to liquidity management.
- Manage the database for corporate treasury customers, ensuring its timely update with potential and current IsDB customers.
- Manage the Dealing Room to ensure compliance with the procedural guidelines in negotiating the borrowing and placement rates, foreign
exchange rates and prices with the counterparties and executing the deals based on the best market conditions.
- Liaise with the Capital Markets unit with respect to the overall position of the liquid assets needed to maintain the Prudential Minimum Liquidity Level in the Stable Portfolio, Core Operational Portfolio & Transactional Portfolio, and the number of resources that are required to be mobilized from the market to cover any shortfalls.
- Effectively manage all matters related to the counterparties for Money Market, Foreign Exchange and hedging transactions, which include identifying potential counterparties, reviewing requests for new/revised exposure limits, monitoring Placements and Investments limits and signing of agreements.
- Assist the Treasury Director in developing balance sheet and risk management strategies to help achieve stated objectives for earnings, capital, liquidity, interest rate risk and market value. Contribute to other Bank projects where the ALM expertise is required.
- Interact with the Risk Management and Financial Policies and Planning Department regarding the stress testing in order to model, analyze and project balance sheets, income statements, and capital ratios under proscribed scenarios.
- Perform monthly and quarterly review of counterparties’ performance and report to the Treasury Director and IsDB Management, as required/requested.
- Contribute to the Financial Control Department’s exercise to determine the provisions and impairments of the Treasury assets.
- Develop key results’ targets and performance indicators (KPIs) related to strategy and operational plans of the Division.
- Coordinate the provision of advisory services and technical guidance in matters related to liquidity investments to IsDB organizational units.
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership for the unit and communicates to direct reports clear performance expectations.
- Manage the performance and resources of the unit through delegation of responsibility, setting stretch objectives and providing regular feedback on results at a unit level, promptly addressing areas of underperformance.
- Monitor and assess the skills and capabilities of the department and determine the actions needed to increase the unit’s impact.
- Support filling in key capability gaps of teams through capacity development and recruiting efforts.
- Coach, mentor and provide on-the-job training and guidance to team members to promote their knowledge of Treasury products/Markets and dealing processes.
- Act as a role-model to communicate to the department’s staff IDB’s values and leadership competencies and provide direction and support in times of change.
- Attractive sum of salary
- With various amazing opportunities
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business Administration or related discipline.
- Professional certification like ACI Dealing/Diploma, CFA, CTP, FRM, AMCT etc. preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the treasury dealing or investment banking, of which 5 years in the managerial /
- English – Mandatory
- Arabic – Preferred
- French – Preferred
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link