The Youth Advocates Programme, developed by UNICEF and United Nations Volunteers offers young people between the ages of 18 and 24 a way to act as agents of change. It is a one-year volunteer programme. A total of 38 national and 12 international assignments are available for 2018-2019 in 33 different countries across the UNICEF network.
- A one-year UN Youth Volunteer placement in a UNICEF regional or country office
- Opportunity to work on youth participation and youth engagement projects
- A transformational experience for the Youth Advocates
- A customized learning with an induction workshop, followed by e-learning courses, coaching sessions, mentoring and finally, a career transition workshop at the end of the assignment
To be eligible, applicants
- Must be aged between 18 and 24
- Must have competed secondary education
- Must have demonstrated commitment to peace and development through academic, extra-curricular and volunteer activities
- Must have working knowledge of English
- Youth, youth with disabilities and from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply
- Apply through the given links
- To apply, kindly refer to the international and national UN Volunteer assignments that are part of the 2018-2019 Youth Advocates Programme
Note: Application deadlines may vary per position.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link