The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020) announced today that it will start inviting applications for the Tokyo 2020 Games volunteer programme from 26 September 2018. Volunteers will provide valuable support for the operation of the Games in a variety of roles at competition venues and at the Athletes’ Village, and their contribution will be a key factor in the Games’ success.
Games volunteers will have a unique opportunity to provide support in a number of areas, including spectator guidance, competition operation and media operation. They will be deployed in various locations including competition venues and the Athletes’ Village.
Tokyo 2020 is seeking to offer up to 80,000 volunteer opportunities. It welcomes applications from all people with a passion to contribute to the success of the Games.
Applications will be open from 13:00 JST on Wednesday 26 September 2018 until December 2018
The exact closing date for applications will be announced on the Tokyo 2020 website at a later date!
Check the official website for detail benefits.
- All persons born on or before 1 April 2002 are free to apply to become a Games volunteer
- A regular driving license will be required for some activities in the ‘transportation support’ category. Apart from that, no particular qualifications will be required.
- Japanese nationals or persons with valid visas permitting residence in Japan during the volunteer period (including temporary visitors)
- Apply online through the given link.
- Applications will be open from 13:00 JST on Wednesday 26 September 2018 until December 2018
- The exact closing date for applications will be announced on the Tokyo 2020 website at a later date!
Application Deadline: December 31, 2018 (103 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link