Apply for UK’s first accelerator programme focused on Black Social Entrepreneurs- The Collective Impact Residency.
The Residency is a 6-month programme during which you’ll receive 1-on-1 mentoring and coaching, group workshops, and have access to our network of partners and investors. You will be part of a cohort of exceptional founders, and the wider community of The Collective Foundation. The events of the programme run for 3 full days in the first week of each month, during which you will stay at The Collective’s co-living building in Canary Wharf.
The Impact Residency is a six-month programme to equip a cohort of 5 Black social entrepreneurs with the resources and connections to grow their business and make an even bigger impact.
Location: The Collective Canary Wharf, 20 Crossharbour Plaza, E14 9YF London.
Dates: March-August 2021. The programme will run from the first Thursday morning until Saturday evening of every month.
Types of events
- 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- Group workshops
- Community events
- Networking events
- Personal Development
- People & Culture
- Impact Measurement
- Customer Experience
- Marketing & Communications
- Sales & Partnerships
- Pitch Training
- You will receive 1-on-1 coaching sessions and group workshops on business fundamentals such as fundraising, marketing and leadership skills.
- Get paired with a successful entrepreneur or industry leader, who will share knowledge and experience by providing advice, network contacts, and ongoing personal support and encouragement.
- Get introduced to their network of partners and investors who have the resources to skyrocket your business.
- Stay in the Collective Canary Wharf 3 nights a month.
All benefits are for FREE.
- Eligible entrepreneurs will have to have a majority stake or major decision making power in the organisation.
- Social impact must be the top priority of the start-up. Non-profit and for-profit organisations that align with four Focus Areas:
- Social Integration: You make communities more inclusive, break down social barriers and reduce loneliness.
- Health and Wellbeing: You help people improve and maintain their physical and/or mental health.
- Economic Opportunity: You create opportunities for people who face structural economic exclusion and disadvantages.
- Environmental Sustainability: You mobilise people in communities to be more environmentally aware and create systemic change in behaviours.
- You are able to show them that your product or service has already benefited people. While it’s not a hard rule, they typically work with start-ups that are less than 5 years old and have not yet raised Series A funding.
- BASED IN THE UK- Candidates from across the UK. Candidates will, however, need to ensure attendance in London for the monthly event programme (subject to future COVID-19 travel restrictions and public health guidelines).
- Applications open: November 30, 2020
- Applications close: January 15, 2021
- Shortlist announced: January 18, 2021
- Interviews January: 25 – 29, 2021
- Final cohort announced: February 1, 2021
- Impact Residency opens: March 4, 2021
- Impact Residency closes: August 7, 2021
- In the selection process, they look at their Eligibility Criteria and review each application with the following elements in mind: Innovation, Uniqueness, Impact, and Scalability.
- They will select 5 start-ups to be part of the Residency. A smaller cohort size allows them to more easily comply with social distancing rules, and gives them the chance to offer more personal support to each entrepreneur.
- Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link