Applications open for FAO Senior Liaison Office for North America in Washington, D.C., USA. The FAO-LO (Liaison Office for North America) advises and assists in the development and implementation of FAO policies and programmes by facilitating communication and cooperation between FAO and the North American Governments and the public, and between FAO and the international and inter-American organizations based in Washington. It serves as focal point for FAO relations with these institutions and organizations.
- Develops comprehensive programmes of engagement for FAO with Key partners on the issues of significance;
- Represents the Organization in major interagency forums, projecting FAO’s priorities and programme activities positioning FAO to influence programme work in other organizations;
- Assesses FAO participation in interagency forums, identifies areas to improve effectiveness of FAO communication strategies and approaches;
- Builds awareness within FAO of the perspective and priorities of collaborators, assists FAO programme unit with networking with external counterparts;
- Builds institutional networks promoting FAO position and establishing FAO as a centre of expertise on significant policy issues;
- Identifies programme synergies with collaborating partners and establishes collaborative frameworks of engagement for FAO programme activities;
- Establishes infrastructure of engagement for FAO on issues of major programme importance;
- Builds collaborative networks that position FAO to take leading roles on programme development , delivery and funding
- Leads mobilization of resources for partnerships in support of agriculture and food security to support countries of mutual interest;
- Performs other duties as required
Salary range US$67,000 – US$106,000 per year.
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Social or Political Sciences, Economics, Public Administration, International Relations or related field relevant to the work of the Organization
- Ten years of relevant experience in development work and /or interacting with social partners and with governments, international organisations, research institutions, civil society and the private sector, including in United Nations Organizations
- Working knowledge of English and of one of the other official languages of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
- Results Focus
- Leading, Engaging and Empowering
- Partnering and Advocating
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Thinking
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential
- Extent and relevance of experience in a field relevant to the work of the Organization and development work and/or interacting with social partners and with governments, international organizations, research institutions, civil society and the private sector
- Depth of knowledge of FAO’s structure, programmes and priorities and in particular of the relationships with the United Nations system.
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website and complete online profile.
Application Deadline: March 28, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link